Chapter 11

Time flew by . My new schedule had become a routine . Varun and I spoke regularly during lunch and whenever we found time in between the shoot . I reckoned I was still nervous around him , but I kinda liked it . 

The last day of shoot had finally arrived . I felt really upset . I would miss the entire crew and Varun , of course . They were such amazing people . We were packing up when Abhi called us for an announcement . 

" Guys ,  " ,  Abhi said  , " to celebrate the success of the photo shoot , the sponsors are hosting a party tomorrow evening , and all of us are cordially invited . "

Everyone cheered . I was happy too , but happy because I'd get another day with Varun .

Immediately , I called Disha . " Disha , I need to go shopping becau...."

" Yeah I know . There's a party tomorrow and you don't have anything to wear . "

" Exactly ! How on Earth do you always know ? "

" I am your best friend Kriya !  Meet me at the mall in fifteen minutes . "

As decided , I reached the mall . After hours of searching , I finally found a pretty , little black dress . When I looked at myself in the mirror of the dressing room , I realized it was a totally different Kriya standing there . I barely wore anything other than sweatshirts . I had always been insecure about my body because when you are curvy and chubby , you tend to hear things like  ' You'd be prettier if you were thinner . '

" Kriya come out fast, I wanna see the dress " , Disha yelled , breaking my train of thoughts . 

I steeped out and Disha squeaked with excitement . " Oh my god , you look so pretty ! "

I smiled . Maybe I wanted to look good . Look good for Varun . 

Kriya is this you ? You want to look good for a guy  ?

What on earth was happening to me ? I couldn't tell.