Chapter 35

I jumped up in joy and hugged him so tight that I'd have probably choked him . 

" Are you serious you did that to me Kriya ? " , Varun said . He was laughing harder than I had ever seen him . 

" You have no idea how it feels when you are expecting someone to show up and someone else does . "

I wanted to bombard him with a string of questions - but at that time , all I could think of was his presence . His warm embrace made me reminisce on the time we hugged each other for the first time . Everything was invariable - the comfort , the happiness and the solace . 

" This is for you mam , " he said , handing me the flowers . It was a huge bouquet of pretty daffodils and white lilies .  

" Thank you sir ! " , I said as dramatically as I could . " A sweet and thoughtful gesture indeed . " 

It took good five minutes to drag his luggage and supremely heavy kit bag into the room and shut the door behind us . 

" Kriya " , Varun said taking my hand , " I ...."

Before he could tell anything , a ringtone cut him off . He glanced at his phone and his expressions tensed . He hurriedly cut the call immediately .

" Who was that ? " 

" Nothing important . You know those random calls u get for bank loans , insurance and stuff . "

" I didn't know celebrities had to deal those too . By the way Varun , take a look at your favorite place " , I said pointing at the balcony . 

He walked to the balcony and gushed . 

" Its beautiful ! " 

I was glad that he liked it . If I'd have to do this everyday to see his eyes light up like that , I would willingly do it . 

" It is so pretty Kriya " , he said , pecking my forehead . " Kriya , actually I need to tell you something . "

" Before you tell me anything , I have something for you . Seat yourself and I'll be right back . "

I walked to the kitchen to get the cake I baked as I knew he was starving . After all , travelling can be strenuous , especially if its after a match .

Even before Varun could come up with excuses regarding why he shouldn't eat the cake , I told him that it was made with extra caution and would suit his current diet regime . 

" It was delicious Kriya ! " , he said giving me a tight hug . 

" I know " , I said flipping my hair dramatically and he chuckled . " Varun , honestly , I missed you more than I should have . "

" Kriya , I have been waiting so eagerly to see you . I know I have been unable to attend calls and reply to your texts , but I..."

My lips pressed against his before he finished his sentence . 

" Varun , I love you and you love me ;  that's the only thing that matters to me at the moment . "