Chapter 15

It felt extremely awkward seeing people stare at us like that .  I saw Disha smirking at me . The timely appearance of the the brand manager saved us . He went on stage to acknowledge everyone for their efforts . I wasn't listening , and I knew that neither was Varun . 

" Kriya , do you want to hang out with me ? I mean just you and me , in a less noisier place . Any place where we can talk without having to yell or without being stared at . "

" That's extrasensory perception ! " , I said almost shouting . 

" And what is that supposed to mean ? " ,  he asked with a confused laugh . 

" I mean telepathy ! " , I said and I couldn't help but smile when I saw his expression . He looked totally adorable . " That is the exact same thing I was thinking . We could go to my place , ideal for hanging out peacefully ....only if you are okay with that . "

" That sounds pretty cool . I'll get the car . "

We squeezed through the crowd and made our way out . We drove down the streets , windows down and singing along the music from the radio . It felt like I'd known him from years now .

We reached my place and quickly so as to prevent anyone from spotting him . Those were the perks of being famous - you just cannot afford to get yourself noticed . I lived in a small apartment but big enough for one person to reside . After struggling to find my keys ,for a good ten minutes , I finally let him in . 

" wow ! " , Varun exclaimed as he entered , " you live in a mini art gallery . I am amazed . "

" Should I take that as a compliment ? " , I asked giggling . 

" Of course ! It's beautiful . "

I uttered a 'thanks' , made us some coffee and sat in the balcony . " So , " , Varun said taking a sip of his coffee , " what is your story ? "

" I don't have a story . "

" Come on , everybody has a story . What's yours ? "

" My 'story' is pretty basic . I had a pretty great life and literature always fascinated me . When you grow up in a family where every relative is either  a doctor or an engineer , me deciding to choose this field was a little disappointing for my parents . So I came to Delhi and joined St. Stephen's to pursue my dream . My parents still disapprove but I am sure they'll be happy about my decision eventually .  To everyone in my college , I am a certified nerd and that's totally okay. Whenever I find time , I also tech orphaned children . That's my story . "

" See , you have a story and I must say , you have a pretty impressive story . "

" Did you say impressive ? " , I chuckled . 

I didn't even realize when and exactly how I got so instantly comfortable around him . In the starry night , as we sat together , the only feeling I felt was blissful....absolutely blissful .