Chapter 19

" Okay , let's play a game " , Disha said . 

" A game ? " , I asked curiously . " For what ? "

" The rules are simple . I ask you a couple of questions and you answer them honestly in an yes or a no only  " , Disha said sounding like a game show host . 

" Fine " , I uttered . After battlong numerous thoughts inside my head , playing some random game with her  was the only thing left for me  to do now . 

" Let's start . First question , Varun is always in your thoughts ? "

"Lately , yes . "

" You have been trying out new things ,  like I see you ditching your sweatshirts quite often to wear ' pretty ' clothes , right ? "

" Yes , but that is only because I had promised Varun that I'd try to be more comfortable with my body . "

"You wait eagerly to speak to him or text him  ? "

" Eagerly...I don't know " , I started to say and Disha raised her eyebrows in suspicion .  " Okay fine , I DO wait ' eagerly ' to talk to him . "

" That's better . Next question , literally everything around you reminds you of him ? "

" Yes . "

" You are comfortable around him ? " 

" Yes , a lot actually . "

" Do you get nervous around him ? " 

" Yes . Okay , are we done Disha ? "

Disha's lips immediately curled into a smile . " Kriya , you are in love with Varun ! " , she squeaked . She was so loud that people seated around turned to look at us .

" You say that with so much of assurance based on the answers that I gave to some stupid questions you googled ? " , I asked her . 

" Yes ! based on the answers you gave . Look , I am in a relationship with Abhi for over two years now . I know that feeling of being in love . You love him Kriya " , Disha said confidently . 

I wasn't really prepared to hear that . " You didn't fall for Abhi in a week Disha ! You knew each other for years together and one unfortunate day , you decided to date . "

" Did I hear you say unfortunate ? " , Abhi questioned , finally looking up from his camera . " It was fortunate and heavenly . Moreover , we lived in the same apartment since playschool so we were friends . But that really didn't matter . "

" Fortunate and heavenly " , I mimicked Abhi .

" Yes , very funny . I can't stop laughing " , he sneered .  

" Oh god , please don't start again both of you " , Disha said looking at us .

" Kiddo ,  you are right . You really can't catch feelings for anyone that soon but this could be the beginning  phase of you developing feelings for him . "

Wow ! did Abhi just say that ? Disha and me looked at each other and then at him with utter astonishment . No mockery , no jokes but just him being sensible and serious for a few seconds straight . 

" Abhi is right " , Disha said turning to me . " Don't ignore your feelings  for him . Nurture your thoughts and see where it goes . And yeah , the questions WERE googled . "

I went back home with several thoughts racing inside of me . 

Do I really like Varun or is it just an infatuation ? What does he feel about me ? Does he have a girlfriend ? 

The thought of me and him being together as more than ' friends ' seemed hypothetical ,  yet very  fascinating .