Chapter 40

Remus' PoV
The room they've locked me in isn't nice, but it's better than the black void in my head. It was quiet, painfully quiet. I've tried opening the door but it is locked, even if it wasn't I probably wouldn't leave anyway.

Deceits PoV
I was laying in bed. Logan had just checked on me, he said that I could walk around in a few days.

I couldn't help thinking about Remus, he seemed to be the only person on my mind. I miss him, I wish I could see him. I feel tears run down my face, "what's wrong with you Remus?" I ask myself as tears drip on my hand.

Virgil's PoV
After a few hours of putting it off, I go up to check on Remus. As slowly as I could, I made my way up to Remus' room.

Standing outside the door, I could hear quiet talking, muttering "I'm such an idiot, why did I listen. They all probably hate me." The muttering got quieter and quieter until it was almost inaudible.

I knock sternly, "Remus? Is it alright if I come in?" I ask, Remus didn't say anything for a minute. "If you must." He grumbled. I unlock the door and warily go in. Remus was sitting on the bed, curled up. "Aren't you going to kill me?Like you almost done to Deceit." I ask loudly, he doesn't do anything other than a slight shift in his position.

I close the door behind me as I step further in, "Remus?" I ask getting concerned, "if I wanted to kill any of you, you all would be dead already." He says, looking me in the eye. "What do you mean try? Deceit is dead. I stabbed him, he should be dead." Remus barked, "he's alive, you didn't kill him. He woke up earlier today, though Logan did say it was a miracle he didn't die." I say, Remus looked up with hopeful eyes. Almost instantly he looked back down.

His eyes flicked to his arm, he started playing with the sleeve of the hoodie he was now wearing. "Why did you attack us? What was going through your head at the time?" I ask him, louder than intended. He flinched rather violently, "I attacked because it felt right, it felt like something I had to do. I couldn't help it, like I said before, being stuck in an almost pitch black basement does that to you. Makes you lose your mind." He says, he had no emotion on his face.

I sigh, sitting beside him. He slowly sat crossed legged, with his hands in his lap. "What's happened to you? What happened to the hyper active Remus that everyone misses?" I reach to grab his hand, he was cold. "Remus...." he looked up, he had glassy eyes. He didn't seem like himself. "How about, because you're clearly not going to kill anyone, I talk to the others about letting you out of here like once a day. With supervision obviously." I say grabbing his other hand. He shook his head, "I'm dangerous, I might hurt the others. They don't trust me." He looks away.

"I don't think you're dangerous. We're worried about you. When Remy knocked you out, he was in tears. We all miss you." Roman says walking into the room. I look at Roman walk in, I then turn back to Remus. He looked terrified, Remus squeezed my hands tightly. "C'mon bro, how about, if you don't want to see the others yet, at least come and see Deceit." Roman sits in front of us, Remus flinched. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. To hurt anyone. Please, don't hurt me." Remus begged, I look at Roman and let go of Remus, letting Roman take my place.

Roman grabbed onto Remus' arms gently, Remus let out an almost inaudible hiss. Neither me or Roman had to look, "Remus. If you keep hurting yourself, we're going to have to have drastic measures get put in place. I won't hurt you." Roman smiled sadly as Remus timidly nodded. "Deceit made me come and check on you, he said you looked scared when you stabbed him. At least come and apologise to him, to his face." I say, to which Remus replied in barely a whisper "alright. J-Just to apologise." I smile as Roman gently Pulls Remus into a hug.

———————
Word count: 738

Vote, comment hope you enjoyed 😊😊