2. blind boy

What?? Double update? 🤯

×××

San releases an exasperated puff of air as he scribbled across the quadratics answer he'd gotten which turned out not to be correct upon looking at the answer key.

He hears a few loud muffled voices shouting at each other through the headphones over his ears. He groans in annoyance and increases the volume of his music, the raspy vocals of his favorite Japanese indie rock band practically blaring in his ears now.

The loud drums and guitar working well to drown out everything going on outside his room.

The voice of his mother echoes down the hallway and through his bedroom door in a single breath rant and not a second later his older sister, Seulgi, would retort in her own breathless shouting.

"You reek of alcohol and fuck knows what!" His mother yells, grabbing Seulgi's arm and she turns to walk off. "Don't you dare walk away from me!"

"Don't fucking touch me you cunt!" Seulgi snaps back, pulling her arm back aggressively. Next thing that echoes in the room was a loud slap as her palm makes contact with Seulgi's cheek. And it was hard.

The girl stands frozen and in shock, head thrown to the side from the slap. Her eyes widened and jaw slack as she slowly meets the eyes of her furious mother. "I don't give a shit about you or whatever you do when you leave this house but as long as you live under my roof you'll live by my rules. Shon has a graduation ceremony in less than an hour and you're drunk? Are you fucking kidding me?"

Seulgi brushes her dark hair back since it fell in her face after the slap, the green highlights in her hair shimmering in the fluorescent lighting of the living room. She holds a scowl on her face and stares at the ground jaw clenched while the woman kept ranting at her.

"Go get dressed and get your ass in the car. Now" She finishes but the girl had already began walking away from her before she could even finish her sentence. Her loud steps echoing down the hall until her bedroom door slams close.

San groans in frustration once again at all the door banging, stomping and shouting, this one louder than the last, and he slumps forward on his desk, forehead resting on his arms.

"Fuck Math" He mutters just as the song ends and a slow somber one comes on, a first few keys of the piano effectively setting the mood.

Just then he hears loud footsteps stomp towards his room and he winces knowing whose they belong to. His door bursts open suddenly, revealing his mom.

"Now why the hell aren't you ready yet?" She yells, still on edge from having just engaged in probably her hundredth argument with Seulgi that week. San unwillingly drags down this headphones and leaves it sitting behind his neck. He just looks at the woman with a blank expression and she looks back at him furiously.