six › her french toast

"Should I cut my hair, Luke?" Lani asked him as she was looking at herself in the mirror, and Lani heard him chuckle, "Either way, you're going to look beautiful to me."

Lani blinked after she thought about that memory. It was the next morning after her somewhat good day with the guys. Luke and her loosen up a little bit, but kept it civil. Lani and Luke didn't really talk, but their presence was not as tense like last time.

She was now looking at herself in the mirror, staring at her now short hair. Lani cut it not so long ago since she wanted to donate it to Breast Cancer. She enjoys the short hair, and need it since it's supposed to help moving on, but for some reason, the cut just reminded her about the memory.

"Why don't they just kiss and make up already?" Natalie groaned as she laid her head on Michael's lap, sighing, "Lani obviously misses Luke and Luke misses her, what's the matter with them?"

"We're talking about Luke and Lani here." Michael chuckled, "Remember? They're the most complicated couple in the world."

"Shouldn't we at least make it less complicated for them?"

Michael shook his head, and played with her long brown ombre hair, "Just let them be. They're gonna figure it out. Fate just haves to push them a little."

"Oh wise one." Natalie took his hand and kissed it, and Michael started smiled at her, feeling the most luckiest guy in the world.

"Bleh." The two heard someone scoffed, and when Natalie stood up, she sees Lani in her PJs, grabbing a box of cereal.

"Morning to you too, love." Natalie smiled as she got up, and said, "Gonna eat cereal?"

Lani nodded, feeling confused, "Like I always do."

"Okay," Natalie took her bowl, saying, "How about we cook something."

"Like what?" Lani crossed her arms, feeling self-conscious. It would usually be her doing the cooking but the fact that it's not makes her feel weird.

"How about I make some crepes?" Natalie smiled, "That would always make you feel better."

"So did me making french toast.." Lani thought to herself, feeling even more down on the dumps as she sat down on the table, resting her chin on the palm of her hand.

As Natalie was cooking some crepes, Michael sat next to Lani, greeting her with a smile, "Good morning."

"Morning.." Lani sighed as she looked out in the window, seeing a cloudy sky.

"How are you feeling?"

"Lovely."

"Sarcasm?"

"No, honesty."

"Seriously, Lani," Michael had a serious tone in his voice this time, "Are you okay?"

"I'm doing just fine." Lani snapped her head at him, "Can you please stop bugging me about this? It's in the morning and you know how cranky I am in the morning."

"Not around Luke..." Michael said under his breathe, and that's when Lani's patience broke as she stood up, and walked towards her room, yelling, "CALL ME WHEN YOU'RE DONE."

As Lani slammed the door, Natalie looked at Michael, and rolled her eyes, saying, "Smooth. Let them be you say."

"I thought a little push would help.." Michael sighed as he rubbed his temples, and Natalie shrugged, "Like you said, let fate do it. Last time I check, you're Michael, not fate."

Lani was now laying down on her bed feeling shitty as hell. Her stomach was growling but she lost her appetite. I know Michael meant well, and didn't mean to offend her. Lani just wanted to live in London for a while, and be left alone about Luke, but no, Fate somehow just brought him back to her life, making it more difficult.