07: Ludus (Reading List)

Ludus - playful love

Ancient Greeks associated Ludus with playful love where affection is shared between young lovers. It is also associated with game-playing or uncommitted love.

In the present day, ludic love is associated with a person who has multiple conquests but remains uncommitted. Love is seen as a game to these players and lying or cheating is a part of it. The person is also playful in the sense that they may enjoy pranks, activities, etc. People who actively seek ludic love also require attention and can engage in narcissistic behaviors. They may not think twice before playing with someone's feelings.

For our reading list, Ludus is reserved for stories associated with playboys or romance stories that maybe revolve or deal with someone cheating or being cheated on. If your book relates to more of a playful love where your main character(s) has trouble finding the commitment they secretly long for, this may be the category for you.

If your story is selected for this reading list then your story will be in our "Ludus" reading list. Additionally, this custom badge provided to Cupid's Book Club made by @taetaejojo will be available to you. You can add it to your story's cover (optional).

 You can add it to your story's cover (optional)