Chapter 5

I sat silently as Nickolas drives the car. 

"So you know about Aristocrats...yet you didn't bat an eye and even threatened her." he mocked me. "Who are you?" his voice was low but hard as flint. Like he's warning me. 

Hindi na ako nag-abalang sumagot. Whether he's also from Aristocrats or not, he won't know me. Nobody does...yet. 

I tried containing all of the emotions that are boiling inside my head. We reached Primland in no time at dumiretso s'ya sa parking. Sabay kaming lumabas ng kotse and though a question like "what is he doing?" lingers my head. I kept it to myself. I wasn't looking at him kahit alam 'kong nakasunod lang s'ya sa'kin until we reached Primland's lobby. 

I stopped to look at him. He's looking mischievous in his tight three fourths polo tucked into his fitted black pants and black  leather shoes. His luxury watch completes his look and though I never thought that guys could wear all tight clothes in this way, his body served it all. He shrugged his shoulders when he noticed the way I looked at him. 

So I assumed in the way he dresses and his car, he might be one of the guests. 

Tumuloy ako sa pag-lakad and reached the elevator while he still follows me quietly. He gets off before me and slowly watch the door close between us.

"It's Sabrina." I manage to say my name before it completely closed and I saw him smirk. 

I went straight to my room and the moment I close the door, alam ko na kung anong gagawin ko. 

I called dad. Tutal mukhang sinusuka na rin naman ako ng adoptive family ko, there's nothing holding me back from embracing a life that was fated to me. I won't avoid this whole thing anymore. Everyone around me seems to be pushing me to live as Sabrina Villena Lee. Then I'll make sure to do it my way. 

Tumawag ako kay dad and told him about my decision. He's so happy about it. At ngayon kinukulit na 'ko ni mom na s'ya mismo ang susundo sa'kin papuntang Singapore. My parents settle in Singapore for business but they own a 4-storey house here, a Penthouse in Tokyo, Quebec, and Seoul and a rest house in Jeju. So far, that's all I know about their private properties. They waste a lot of money because they can. 

I don't know if I can carry on with this life but I seem to have no choice. 

I want to restart my life. Kung meron man akong pinaka-malalang pag-takas na gagawin sa buhay ko, ito na siguro yo'n.

For a moment, inisip kong bumalik muna sa bahay nila mama at papa, check on my brothers and bid a proper goodbye pero base sa huling pagkikita namin, mukhang hindi na 'yon magandang idea. Instead, I went to a mall and bought gifts to people I'll be leaving behind, using the black card that my parents gave me, for the first time. 

I bought Red a gaming laptop, Nate a VR Pro Series and a couple silver Casio Watch for mama and papa. Pina-ship ko muna 'yon with my goodbye notes before ako bumili ng regalo sa mga kaibigan ko. 

Wala akong maisip kaya pinagpare-pareho ko na lang. For the guys, I bought pairs of ties and cufflinks, while I got different Disney princess rings for the girls since it is really our thing. 

Nalungkot man ako while writing them notes for my goodbye, I am somehow confident about my decision. 

I had everything shipped directly in their houses and I withdrawed all my personal savings na para sana sa tuition and miscellaneous fees ko sa school, and had it deposited to my papa's account. 

Mom said all of my legal documents would be taken care of her lawyer and secretary. Including my birth certificate, ID's, school forms and such. All I have to do is get rid of everything that holds me back, including the guilt, and get to the airport. I feel like I would be a totally different person when I got there. But that's exactly what I aim for since everything in my life now is a mess.