Chapter 5 - 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

A/N : I'd recommend listening to Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons while reading chapters 5 and 6. It's available on SoundCloud to listen to :) Another song I'd recommend is Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi.

Arriving back at the base after that mission which went south felt relieving for the pair. Koharu had just taken down the hero which everyone saw as the number one. Putting their faith in him after the Hood incident to take over the legacy of the previous fallen Symbol of Peace.

Yet, she had just killed him in a matter of a few minutes.

She stood with Dabi as they both of them proceeded to tell Shigaraki what had gone down.

Shigaraki was furiously scratching his neck as he listened to Dabi explain, his other hand tapping the bar counter he was sitting at. That was until he heard about the fall of Endeavour.

Shigaraki smirked as he praised both of them. They were reliable in the end.

Dabi laughed heartily as he panted, tired from straining his quirk yet the adrenaline in his body kept him from feeling any pain from the injuries he sustained from falling.

" Thanks, Kurogiri, " she was too tired to tell him he was a little late. But hey, at least he came.

The suited-up purple mist bowed slightly in return.

" Damn, Haru. I didn't know you could do that, " Dabi remarked. He knew she was strong but he hadn't seen her kill someone. That was something he had just realized as he thought about it.

" Ah, well, I guess now you know, " Haru grinned as she stared into Dabi's azure eyes.

Just at that moment of peace, she fell.

Like the sun collapsing, shock crossed Dabi's face as he witnessed her body falling onto the concrete floor.

He couldn't catch her in time.

He couldn't protect her.

He caused this.

He was useless.

" Shit! What's wrong with you? Oi! Haru! Listen to me! " Dabi had quickly fallen onto his knees beside the girl, and with his palms on her shoulders, he was desperate to find out what was wrong with her.

Koharu felt the beat of her heart slow down, like the ending of a song. Her head was ringing, and dark tunnels were closing in.

Shigaraki and Kurogiri had rushed over, standing in shock opposite Dabi.

The League of Villains were undoubtedly strong, but the only person they could count on with healing powers had just hit the ground.

What could they do now?