15

“Wooooooooooooooooooooo” Greek yelled from the back while banging on the divider “You did it you fast talking son of a bitch”. 

Mincy stayed quiet, using the entire length of his forearm to wipe the sweat that had accumulated on his forehead. A small smile grew on his face.

After driving a few hundred feet, Mincy stopped in his tracks. He looked up in awe at the size of the docks. Vast beacons lit up the sky to give illumination to the hundreds of workers that toiled each night to ensure shipments were designated to their correct place.

He saw cranes 50 feet high which moved large steel containers on and off freighters the size of Buckingham Palace. Mincy began to salivate at the thought of how much value was stored in them. 

A banging on the metal divider quickly woke him from his daydream. “Why did you stop? We are nowhere near the warehouse”

“Just taking it all in Greek...taking it all in”. Mincy replied

He then continued on until he reached their intended target. It was a building the size of a football stadium covered by a metal roof. It had vents running in and out of it at regular intervals and blacked out windows to prevent curious onlookers from seeing what lay within. 

Mincy put on his balaclava and knocked on the divider to let the pair know it was on. Mathew’s trepidation was at fever pitch. 

Greek and Mathew climbed out of the back of the van discreetly. Greek crept to the driver’s seat, while Mathew and Mincy carefully made their way to the intimidating side wall. 

“Leg up” Mincy whispered to Mathew. 

Mathew cupped his hands, allowing Mincy’s right boot enough leverage to give him access to a small ledge about 6 feet up the wall. 

Mathew felt as though his bowels would give way at any moment as Mincy managed to steady himself on the ledge of the bricked building. 

He reached in to his back pocket and pulled out a screwdriver. Mincy attempted to direct his shaking hands to align with the positive faced screws holding the vent in place. His first jab went in to the wall, his second got caught between the opening of the vent. 

After a few seconds of faltering, he managed to insert the screwdriver and began turning it as though his life depended on it. The first screw fell out. 

He then unscrewed the second in half the time. 

Mathew heard some faint footsteps. His heart sunk.

“And i told that bastard, im not gonna do overtime until he pays me for it” he heard a cockney voice say.

“Tell him to give you his wife as payment” another voice responded

There was then an audible laughter which appeared to grow louder with the footsteps.

Mincy and Mathew froze in their positions. They knew the jig was up.