13

In the late of night, by the enormous international shipping docks of Southend, freighters and other huge ships dominated the landscape. Masses of cargo were being loaded and unloaded from the ships with precise regularity. 

Old Greek Pete, Mincy and Mathew were sitting in a white, Ford van with its back windows blacked out, parked somewhere on the outskirts of the docks. The chill of the night caused the air breathed to condense on exhalation. Each was wearing a balaclava to mask their identities and thick black jackets to ensure they camouflaged in to the surroundings. 

“This is the only time... I am ever going to do this” Mathew spoke with a tone of shame.

“Don’t worry old boy, once is all you will need. You’re going to be riiiiiiiiiich” Mincy said excitedly. 

“Where did you get this geeza? He’s gonna blow our whole ring” Old Greek Pete, whose real name was Stelios asked Mincy. 

“He’s diamond. Don’t stress your little chops sunshine.” Mincy replied back.

“Alright, here’s how this goes, so pay some fucking attention choir boy. We are going to drive through the gates like so” Stelios motioned mockingly. ”When we get to the guard, he’s going to ask for some I.D at which point Mincy here will give him the ol jackanory about being government inspectors and show him some passes he picked up on our last visit. Your task will be to keep your ...fucking... mouth... shut. Understood?” Stelios pointed his finger to his head while looking at Mathew who nodded in compliance. “Once we get past, it’s clear sailing. We’re going to drive the van as close to the warehouse as possible and you will have a 5 minute window to climb through the vent and grab as much loot as possible, before the sirens go off and they let out the dogs. I’m gonna drive off as soon as the sirens hit and if you are not back in that time, you will be dog supper. If anyone in this van is bricking it at this point and wants to climb back up his mothers hole, speak now or forever hold your peace” both Mincy and Stelios looked at Mathew who looked in to the distance and showed no inclination of turning back. 

“Right boys, let’s do this”. Mincy had a screw driver, wrench and hammer propped in his back pocket and the fake ID in his front.