Chapter 1.

I was in my new room listening to Liebeseid, while I was preparing my supplies for my first day at Summer Cove High School tomorrow. It is never easy moving to a new city and going to a new school. Summer Cove seemed like a great place for a fresh start for my mom and me.

My name is Anna. I am sixteen
years old and my parents just recently finalized their divorce and my younger sister, Maria, is staying with my dad in Florida, with his new girlfriend, Sara. My parents were constantly fighting for over a year because my dad was working all the time and he never spent enough time with the family. So, my sister said she wants to stay with my dad and his girlfriend. I was sad, but we talked, and we will text, write and Facetime. I will miss her, but I will enjoy staying with my mom and keeping her company. After finishing up getting all my supplies together and setting up my clothes for tomorrow, I decided to empty out the last box in my room and help my mom with dinner. After I was done emptying out the last box, I folded the box up and I went downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner. I went to the back to throw the box away. When I went back inside, I washed my hands and I went over to my mom.

"I can start chopping up the vegetables."

"Of course," my mom said.

I went over to the fridge and I gathered up the broccoli, carrots and the cucumber. I went and grabbed the second cutting board from the dishwasher.

Then, I started washing up the vegetables in the strainer. After I finished washing the vegetables, I take the strainer to the counter and start cutting up the vegetables.

"Did you see the Power Rangers on TV?" my mom asked.

"I did. They are amazing. It is incredible what they are doing for this city," I said.

Earlier, before we arrived at our new house, my mom had the radio on and the news was reporting another monster attack in Summer Cove, but the monster was defeated by Summer Coves heroes: The Power Rangers. When we arrived in Summer Cove, I would see the Power Rangers everywhere on billboards, posters, and on the TVs inside electronic stores.

I finished cutting up the vegetables.

"I finished with the vegetables, mom. Do you need help with anything else, mom?" I asked.

My mom responded,
"No thank you, sweetheart. Go ahead and start setting the table."

"Okay, mom," I said.

I gathered all the silverware, plates and cups. I went to the kitchen and my mom had the vegetables cooked and put in a ceramic bowl. I took the bowl and set it down on the dining room table. My mom brought the pasta to the table and I went to the fridge, I grabbed the iced tea and I set it down on the table.

"This looks really delicious, mom," I said.

"Thank you, sweetheart and thank you for helping me," my mom said.

I smiled and we started to serve ourselves.

"Are you ready for your first day tomorrow?" my mom asked.

"I am. All my supplies, my clothes are ready, and my alarm is set. I am honestly very nervous," I said.

My mom responded,

"I know, sweetheart. Just take it one day at a time. Do your best and I know you will make new friends."

I enjoy listening to my mom's advice. Whenever I have a big test coming up, a performance or in this case, transferring to a new school, my mom always gives the best advice to make me feel better.

After we were finished eating, my mom and I cleaned up the dinner table. I started getting the sink ready to do the dishes, but my mom came over to me and said,

"I can do the dishes, sweetheart. Go ahead and finish what you need to do for school tomorrow."

"Okay, mom," I responded back.

I went upstairs to my room and gathered all my things for a shower. I had set up my iPhone to play music.

While I was in the shower, I started thinking about my first day at a new school tomorrow.

What if nobody likes me?

What if they find out my secret?

I removed those thoughts from my mind. All I must do is listen to my moms advice and I will be fine. After I was done rinsing, I turned off the shower and stepped out to dry off. I put my robe on and started to comb my hair. After I was done, I turned the music off and I went to my room to get ready for bed.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I answered. My bedroom door opened.

It was my mom.

"Hi, Anna. I just wanted to let you know I have to leave early for work in the morning."

"Okay, mom. I will be fine. I will call you if I have any trouble," I said.

"Okay. Good night, sweetheart. I love you."

"I love you, too, mom."

My mom closed the door.

I took off my robe and I started to put on my nightgown. I turned off my bedroom light and I went to bed.

I hope I make new friends tomorrow.

I looked to my window and I noticed the beautiful glistening moon, the stars twinkling in the night sky and the crickets chirping.

I closed my eyes and I drifted off to sleep.

❤️This is my very first fanfic. I hope you all will enjoy this story.🥰