Chapter 3.

It was now eight.

The bell rang and I sat down next to Brody. I took out my notebook and pen. After I had everything set to get ready for class, I overheard loud voices coming from the hall.

"Where is the new girl, Monty? I must know who she is!"

"I don't know, Victor. She got up and ran off."

"That's no excuse, Monty!"

Two boys entered the classroom.

One boy is wearing a green and white varsity jacket. The other boy is wearing a striped shirt with suspenders.

The boy in the striped shirt noticed me and pointed at me.

"There she is, Victor. She's sitting next to Brody."

"Excellent, Monty," the boy in the jacket said.

The two boys approached me.

The boy in the jacket extended his hand and introduced himself.

"Hello, Anna. My name is Victor Vincent, and this is Monty."

I shook his hand and replied,

"Nice to meet you, Victor and Monty. How exactly did you know my name?"

"As student body president, it's my job to know all school events, including new students arriving," Victor replied.

I chuckled nervously and said,

"Thank you, I guess."

"Anyways, a beautiful girl like you deserves a night out. How would you like to go on a date with me tonight?" Victor asked.

I honestly was very flattered, but I do not see myself dating someone like Victor Vincent. He seemed shallow and I am the type of girl who deserves kindness, honesty and respect. Also, someone who likes me for me.

So, I must give my honest answer to Victor.

"That's really sweet, Victor, but no thank you," I answered.

I was relieved, but Victor got a little upset.

He huffed and said,

"No girl ever turns down a date with Victor Vincent!"

I stood up and said to Victor,

"Apparently, this girl did."

I sat back down, and I heard Victor huffing again.

"Come along, Monty," Victor said to Monty.

Finally, Mrs. Finch came in and said,

"Good morning, class. Before we begin with todays' lesson, I want to announce that we have a new student with us. Anna, can you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself?"

"Of course, Mrs. Finch," I answered.

Right when I stood up, Victor said,

"Why bother? She turned down a date with me! Victor Vincent!"

Mrs. Finch got annoyed and upset and said,

"One more interruption like that and Victor Vincent will get three days detention."

Victor was sinking into his seat in embarrassment.

"Go ahead, Anna," Mrs. Finch said.

I smiled and I began my introduction.

"Thank you, Mrs. Finch. Hello, everyone. I am Anna. I just moved here with my mom. My parents recently got divorced, so I wanted to stay with my mom and my sister is staying with my dad in Florida. I love nature, music, writing, school and I recently made some awesome new friends. Thank you very much for having me here."