Judging Criteria

Hello, judges, and maybe participants. Below is the criteria for judging the books.

Judges, I request that you read at least 2-5 in the book to get a good sense of these books.

Basics are:

Cover: out of 10
Does it match the theme? Is it interesting/eye catching?

Title: out of 10
Is it relevant? Does it give the plot away? Is it creative?

Blurb: out of 10
Does it draw you in? Is the grammar correct? Does it reveal too much?

Grammar/level of Vocab: out of 10
Does the author use simple words such as said, stuff, etc.? Have they missed punctuation marks and have run-on sentences?

Structure and plot line: out of 10
Is the structure of the book poor? Is there a lot of redundancy?

Character Development out of 10
Do we know a lot about the character? Have you become attached? Does the character have depth?

Descriptive language: out of 10
Are the events described vague and unexplained?

Character Portrait: out of 10
Do each of the characters fit with each other and react realistically?

Setting/Event tracking: out of 10
Does the author constantly change events and/or not remember them?

Hook/Interest: out of 10
Does the author keep you interested in the plot line? Do you get attached to each of the different characters.

Total: out of 100

Review: This is where you give a short review/feedback for the authors to know what you liked/didn't like.

You'll be given a week to judge all five books and send the scores back to me. If that is not reasonable for your schedule, please contact me about a possible extended week.