ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 - ɪɴꜰɪᴅᴇʟɪᴛʏ

Author's Note

Folks, the title says it all but please don't hate on any character and on me off course because I'm a sensitive one. I don't intend on hurting anyone's feelings so if by any chance any content of mine has hurt your feelings, do let me know in private.

I would like to say one thing before you all read - if you haven't seen the worst, you will never appreciate the best. With that motto, I wrote this book. Hope you like the chapter.

***

I fluttered my eyes open but the blinding sunlight forced me to clench my eyelids shut again. A few seconds passed and finally, groaning due to a throbbing body pain, I opened my drowsy, swollen eyes and looked around until my gaze fixed on the window. The sun was shining at its peak which only meant that I had overslept yet again. This had been happening quite frequently now. I sat up in bed abruptly causing my head to suddenly do a 360 degree and make me fall back in bed. 

Grumbling to myself, I managed to sit upright for the second time and slid my feet to the side of my bed, until I had worn my flip flops. My eyes fell on the clock on the wall and my frown only widened when I realized that I had overslept by four hours. My gaze dropped on a sticky note that had been placed on the bedside table. I lifted it up, hoping that it was from Jack but it wasn't. It was from Rita.

Tried to wake you up, Mrs. Kennedy but you seemed to be in a deep sleep.

Rita

I crumpled the sheet of paper and let it rest on my bedside table before I slowly dragged myself out of bed. My nostrils flared in disgust and slight anger when I saw a tiny, red stain on my linen. No wonder my sleeping pattern had changed and I was unnecessarily moody. I walked up to my closet and pulled out my sanitary belt before making my way to my bathroom, when a crippling cramp in my lower abdomen rose out of nowhere and made me drop to my knees, clutching my stomach.

Probably having heard a scream from my bedroom, one of the household helps rushed in and found me laying on my bathroom floor, curled up in a fetal position, hugging my cramping stomach.

"My lord, Mrs. Kennedy." The household help rushed to my side until she was kneeling down next to me. "I shall call for help." I barely registered her rushing out of my bedroom when the door burst open again and Missus Shaw ran up to me, along with Richard, my secret service agent.

"Help her, Richard." I heard her say.

I felt Richard slide his hands below my thighs and he lifted me up , taking me back and placed me softly back in bed.

"Thank you, Richard. If you could please inform Evelyn that Mrs. Kennedy needs a physician." She said. Richard nodded and lingered on my door for a bit before turning around and walking out of the bedroom.

"Dear child, are you alright?" I felt her warm palms press to my forehead and I parted my lips, letting a weak exhale escaping my lips.

"I think the pain has passed, Missus Shaw." I weakly said and slowly pushed myself up until I was sitting with my back pressed against the headboard.  "I am alright, I think it was my monthly bleeding. Nothing to worry about." I said, now feeling much better than before. "Missus Shaw , where is Jack?" I asked.

"Mrs. Kennedy, Mr. President isn't at the White House at the moment." She informed me and my face almost fell. That's when Maud Shaw spoke again, "Have you always suffered from a painful bleeding, Mrs. Kennedy?" She asked, her eyebrow raised.

Not really. I never did.

"No, Missus Shaw, I did have my share of discomforts but my pain was never this severe. I felt like somebody was –" I said, falling quiet as I struggled to describe how I felt, " – slicing into my organs with a knife."