1

BLOODLINES
— 1. Love Letters

  The year was 1506

  The year was 1506. Eight years had passed since the execution of Nora of Lancaster. The Kingdom of Spain was wealthy, but feared for its political power. Queen Isabella of Castile had overthrown a thousand years of Muslim rule, but still, she needed Catholic allies to maintain her sovereignty.

England, on the other hand, was facing poverty. King Henry VII and Queen Lizbeth had long needed rich allies to deter invasion from France and Scotland, especially after the execution of Nora of Lancaster, Lizbeth's own mother.

Both England and Spain believed that an alliance was vital to solve both their problems. And so a match had been made between Prince Arthur Tudor and Princess Catherine of Aragon.

This alliance was expected to one day make Princess Catherine the Queen of England. But how wrong they were.

        It was morning time in London. At Westminster Palace, while most of the court was having their morning meal, Katherine Tudor, eldest daughter of King Henry and Queen Lizbeth, found herself doing other things. Things that would get her into trouble, yet she did it anyway.

   Kathy laughed loudly as she ran around her chambers, trying not to be caught by Charlie. She wore only her nightgown while Charlie only wore his pants.

Soon enough, he caught her and grabbed her by the waist, causing her to gasp yet still smile as Charlie removed her nightgown before lightly pushing her onto the bed.

She quickly flipped onto her back and looked up at Charlie, who soon found himself hovering over her on the bed. He grabbed her leg, lifting it up slightly as he pressed a kiss to her thigh while still looking her in the eye.

As he began to untie his breeches, he gave her a mischievous look, causing them both to laugh. "My brother would kill you if he knew we were doing this," Kathy spoke up, a playful smirk on her face as she mentioned Harry.

"Let him. At least I'll die a happy man," Charlie replied, leaning forward to kiss Kathy on the lips.

   She flipped the position, making it so that she was on top before she leaned down and kissed him once more.

____

      Down the hallway, in Marie's chambers, the Burgundian girl smiled as she laid in bed. She held a letter in her hand, one given to her by Harry. They found themselves sending each other letters often of their feelings for each other, seeing as though it wasn't possible for them to actually be with each other.

Marie was Harry's parents' ward, nothing more. She could never marry Harry, even as a daughter of the Holy Roman Emperor. Even after all these years, she was still treated differently and even cruelly at times by those around her. Harry and Kathy were never like that, though. They were her closest confidants and her friends.