CHAPTER II.

chapter ii

chapter ii.

     5:30 rolled around much faster than Mackenzie hoped it would. It's not that she didn't want to go, she was actually quite excited for the event. She just was a little unmotivated to do anything that day, all she wanted to do was nap. But, she had promised she'd make an appearance so there she was, scrambling to put on something that was nice. Soon enough, she felt she looked presentable and texted Jamey to pick her up. They typically carpooled together when it came to events they both were attending.

—

Jamie?¿
aye bish I'm
outside
[delivered 5:52 p.m.]

She practically ran down the stairs and outside to Jamey's car.

"Hello, Jamey." She said as she closed the car door. She buckled herself in as the boy took off, checking that she grabbed everything she needed. Which, she did.

Not too long after, they arrived at the party and Mackenzie was not excited.

"Hey, turn that frown upside down, young lady!" Jamey jokingly scolded. Mackenzie looked at him with a pout.

"But, human interaction. I hate it," She said. "Maybe, ill just make a brief appearance then leave. Do you think Evie will be mad if I leave early?"

Jamey shook his head, "No, I don't think so. And I also don't think she would've made you come if she knew you didn't want to."

"Yeah, I know, but I already told her I'd go and we're already here. It's fine, I'll be fine." the woman said as she opened the car door and stepped outside. The paparazzi was shouting and taking pictures, as per usual, as they headed into the building. Shortly after, they found Evie and Tom.

     "Hey! You made it," Evie said as she moved to give her friend's a hug. "You guys look great."

     "So do you! I mean, wow, my best friend is so pretty!" Mackenzie said with a chuckle before looking at Tom. "Hey Tom, how are you?"

     The brunet smiled, "I'm good! And you?"

     "Pretty good. Congrats on the movie, by the way." Mackenzie told him in a cheery tone. The four of them continued their conversation, and after a short time, none other than Zendaya approached the group.

     "Z, hey!" Tom exclaimed, reaching to hug the woman.

     "Hey Tom, hey Evie," she said, giving Evie a hug as well  The two had become close friends since she and Tom started dating, therefore Jamey and Mackenzie had heard quite a bit about her. Though, they never met her until now. Zendaya looked over at the other two, "Hi, I'm Zendaya. You're Jamey, right?"

     The man nodded, reaching to shake her hand. "Yeah, it's nice to meet you."

     "You too," she looked in Mackenzie's direction. "Mackenzie, right? I've seen 13 Reasons Why a few times, I knew you looked familiar. I love your work!"

The other woman couldn't help but smile, "Says one of the most iconic actresses of all time,"

"You're too kind," Zendaya chuckles. "But it's nice to meet."

"The pleasure is all mine," Mackenzie said. The two women just kinda stood there, smiling at one another. Jamey coughed, and the two looked over at him.

"Well, I'm gonna go to that snack bar because it's lookin' pretty delicious. See y'all later." He waved briefly, then heading off. By then, Tom and Evie had wondered off, hand in hand. That just left Zendaya and Mackenzie, who quickly started a new conversation. It mostly consisted of them getting to know one another, lots of laughing, and jokes all around. By the end of the night, Mackenzie was not only glad she decided to stick around and stay at the party, but she was also excited about the new friend she had made. They seemed to just click right away, and she didn't know what is what, but she had a feeling Zendaya would become an important person in her life.

aight y'all so i feel like this chapter was lowkey ass because i haven't written in a while so bare with me 😂 i hOPE YOU GUYS ARE STILL AS HYPED AS I AM

—aight y'all so i feel like this chapter was lowkey ass because i haven't written in a while so bare with me 😂 i hOPE YOU GUYS ARE STILL AS HYPED AS I AM