CHAPTER XXII.

chapter xxii

chapter xxii.

A month and a half had passed since Mackenzie and Zendaya's meet up. The two had been talking more and more every day. It was easier for Mackenzie to warm up to the idea of getting close with the woman again at a steady pace. Zendaya understood that, and did whatever she could to make her understanding clear. She was ecstatic about the progress they had already made, though; it was clear things were only platonic in the beginning, and now, the flirty nature of their friendship returned. Zendaya couldn't help but wonder if Mackenzie still had feelings for her. She knew she— herself— did, she was head over heels for the girl. It was starting to feel like it did before. She thought, maybe I have a chance.

What Zendaya didn't know, is Mackenzie was wondering the same thing. She knew maybe it was too soon, but she couldn't deny her feelings— not to herself, at least. It was like they never skipped a beat, and things went back to before. She loved it— loved being around the woman again.

Incoming call from: Not Genevieve

ANSWER        DECLINE

"Hey Evie, what's up?"

"Hey! What are you doing today?"

"Nothing much, really. I had my event yesterday so today is my relax day."

"Ooh, yes I remember that."

"Yes ma'am."

"Would you be willing to take a break from relaxing and come hang with me, Jamey, and Sierra by the docks downtown? Please?"

"Hmmm... I don't know. I'm kinda lazy."

"Come onnnn, pleaseeee! We miss you."

"Fine, fine, I suppose. I want a coffee layer though!"

"Deal! I'll be at the trial entrance."

     The docks downtown was a nice area to relax with a pretty view of the water. The three of them often hung out there when they wanted to get away from all the other busy spots, regardless of it being a bit of a ways away. Going out wasn't exactly what she wanted to do, but she hadn't seen Evie or Jamey in a while though, so she figured why the hell not. She threw on presentable clothing before getting in her car, starting the at towards the docks. It was about a 15 to 20 minute drive depending on traffic, thankfully traffic was mild on that particular night. She quickly shot Evie a text letting her know she was on her way, Evie grinned excitedly as she awaited the girl's arrival.