CHAPTER VIII.

chapter viii

chapter viii.

     "You didn't show up with four heads," Zendaya said as Mackenzie walked up the driveway. "I'm disappointed." She said, fake huffing. She crossed her arms as well, and Mackenzie couldn't help but think how adorable she looked.

     Mackenzie chuckled, "yeah yeah," She followed the girl inside the house, immediately being greeted by Noon. She knelt down and scratched his head, giving him pets. "Well hello, i missed you too buddy." She rose, picking Noon up then looking back at Zendaya who was smiling at her.

     "Come on, I have something to show you," She said, grabbing Mackenzie's hand and dragging her inside. They ended up in the living room where there was a massive screen with a pile of blankets and pillows next to it.

Mackenzie raised an eyebrow, "what's this for?"

"As you know, we were planning on watching a movie then I was like, 'well just watching movies can be boring, so why not make it more fun' so I decided we're gonna build a fort." She explained, feeling quite proud of herself for coming up with the idea.

"That's some godtier thinking right there," Mack said, setting Noon down and heading towards the comfy pile. Zendaya chuckled as Mackenzie straight up jumped into it, "let's get started!"

     After roughly an hour and a half, twelve pillows, eight large blankets, and six chairs later, the fort was finally completed. The two girls rested against the couch— that also became part of their fortress— and started looking through Netflix trying to pick something to watch. "The one time I don't dress comfy and we do something like this," Kenzie joked. Zendaya had already been wearing a large tank top and sweats, so she was all set.

     "You can borrow some of my clothes, I have plenty of comfort clothes," Zendaya offered, Mackenzie shook her head.

     "No, no, it's fine really," she told her, however Zendaya was already getting up and heading to her room. She came back not too long after and handed Mackenzie the clothes. "Go get changed then we can binge Jane the Virgin," Mackenzie nodded, taking the pajamas and heading into the closest bathroom to change. She walked back out and hopped back into her spot on the couch next to Zendaya.

     "You look cute," she said. Mackenzie felt her face heat up, "why thank you." She chuckled. They sat close by one another, maybe a bit too close. See, normally Mackenzie would be incredibly self aware of this. But, in a way, it felt natural. Of course she was noticing how close they were getting, literally and figuratively, but it felt normal to her. Something about being around Zendaya just felt normal. It gave her a sense of security, she felt safe with her. She chalked it up to just then becoming close friends, because there was no way she was already catching feelings... right?

Zendaya, on the other hand, she was having an internal panic. In the three months since they met, they'd been slowly becoming really good friends. She loved spending time with Kenzie, they always had a great time. Every time she was around, Zendaya got these butterflies. She knew what it meant, but she avoided it and just passed it off as being excited to see her friend. She was straight. She liked men, not women— not in that way. She knew she found women beautiful, but it couldn't be anything more than women supporting women. But then again, Mackenzie was stunning. More stunning than any man she'd ever seen. God, she felt like such a mess. Zendaya was pulled out of her thoughts when Noon hopped up in her lap, curling up and looking adorable. 'Perfect timing' she thought to herself.

i think zendayas feeling the gay panic what do you guys think
also in the timeline it's currently around september of 2020

—i think zendayas feeling the gay panic what do you guys think also in the timeline it's currently around september of 2020