CHAPTER XIX.

chapter xix

chapter xix.

     It had been about a month since the girls had spoken. The holiday season had passed, and still no communication had taken place between them. They both thought about reaching out, yet they never did. They just continued on as if they weren't yearning for one another's touch, as if they didn't miss each other like crazy. Both girls assumed the other hated them, Zendaya having more of a reason to think that. They tried playing it off as casual as possible; everyone noticed and they sure did question it, only to get no answers.

     Mackenzie woke up on a particularly cold Saturday morning. She swore she still felt her hangover from New Year's Eve two nights prior, but decided to get out of bed anyways. She headed to the restroom, went on and did all the things she typically does in the morning, and realized she forgot to grab her phone. She saw she had a missed call from Evie and quickly called her back.

Outgoing call to: Not Genevieve

"Hey, Eve. What's up?"

"Kenzieeeee hiiiii. Me, Jamey, and Sierra are going to the movies today. Wanna go with?"

"Hmm, what time and what movie?"

"Noon, and it's a cute cartoon called The Ooglies: Welcome to Smelliville. It looks cute."

"Yeah, why the hell not? It's only— oh shit 10:30, I'm gonna get ready now. Do you want me to meet you there or?"

"Nah, we'll come pick you up."

"Okay, cool. See y'all then, love you!"

"Love you more!"

Mack was excited to see her friends. Even though she had just seen them for New Year's, it would be nice to see them again and at the movie's. Who doesn't love the movies?

They picked her up at 11:30 so they had time to get to the theater, get their tickets, popcorn, etc., and still see the previews. The four of them were jamming out in Sierra's car to Jamey's playlist, because everyone knows the passenger gets to DJ. Suddenly, the sound of Zac Efron's voice from the song Rewrite the Stars came on, and soon after Zendaya's voice was harmonizing with his. Mackenzie sunk slightly in her seat, Jamey giving her an apologetic look before skipping the song.

"I'm sorry, Mack. I forgot I had that song on my playlist," he told her. "The Greatest Showman soundtrack is one of my favorites."

Mackenzie shrugged, "it's okay, I get it. I love the soundtrack."

"Okay, I think I'm out of the loop; why did we turn the song off?" Sierra asked timidly, almost sounding scared to say the wrong thing. Mackenzie and Evie shared a look, realizing Jamey must have never told her what happened. An awkward silence filled the car, so Mackenzie decided she might as well just give her a little summary.

"Me and Z aren't really. . . talking anymore." She told her. "I'd get into it but it's a little private to her, you know? Not that I don't trust you or anything, it's just. . . ya know."

"Ohhhh, I'm sorry. I thought you guys were together, or something." Sierra explained, only for Mack to nod and stare out the window the rest of the car ride. The rest of the time at the movie, that was all she could think about. She wasn't mad at Sierra for bringing it up or anything, she didn't know, but hearing that somebody else even thought she and Daya were a thing struck some sort of nerve.

     Man, I wish.

     Due to being in a movie theater, she had her phone on silent. Even afterwards, she was so distracted by her thoughts she had forgotten to turn her ringer back on. When they left the theater, Jamey was the first one to go on his phone, just meaning to check the time.

     "Yeah, hey, it's only 1:58. Do you guys wanna go get some fo— oh, fuck." Jamey stopped mid sentence and interrupted himself upon seeing a very shocking news headline.

     The three girls turned around and saw him stopped in his tracks, "yo, are you coming?" Evie asked.

     "Uh, you guys need to see this," they all shared looks of confusion before looking at his phone screen.

"EUPHORIA" AND "SPIDER-MAN" STAR ZENDAYA COMES OUT AS PANSEXUAL VIA THIS INSTAGRAM POST!

The article had linked the post, so of course Jamey clicked on it.

zendaya

Liked by tomholland2013, lifeisaloha, and 10,649,093 others

zendaya no, this does not mean i'm attracted to pans.

Comments for this post have been disabled.

"Holy shit!"

was this chapter rushed? yes. do i have the motivation to edit it? no. but AHH PROGRESS IS BEING MADE

 but AHH PROGRESS IS BEING MADE