Beater/ Unexpected and Unwanted Reunion

3rd Person POV

A month has passed and 2,000 players are already dead. Kirito has been soloing on his own. Devil hasn't called in any favor yet. Devil and Neo have been laying low and causing no problems. Devil had been looking around for Asuna. They found her but decided to stay in the shadows for now. Devil was currently switching up Neo's settings when it came to battle and to make her seem more human.

<Neo>: Are these settings pleasing to you, master?

Devil: Yes.

<Neo>: Very well.

Devil sighs.

Devil: This is boring. I can't believe that they can't find the boss room. It's the first floor.

<Neo>: Maybe it was moved.

Devil: Maybe.

Devil and Neo are walking and they spot Asuna again.

<Neo>: You should go say hello.

Devil: Not the right time.

A group starts to gather. Devil and Neo notice this.

Devil: Interesting. Let's go check it out.

Devil and Neo sit in the area where the meeting was held. It was being led by a man named Diavel who explained that they found the boss room and that they should prepare to face the first boss. A man named Kibaou demanded that all of the beta testers reveal themselves and take responsibility for the deaths of all the people who had died so far. A man named Agil offered a counterpoint which then settled the argument for a moment. Diavel then told people to group up. Devil saw this as an opportunity to see Asuna. She was wearing a cloak with her face covered by a hood.

Devil: You mind if we join you? 

Asuna: Go ahead.

Just then Kirito arrives.

Devil: Kirito.

Kirito: Hey.

Devil: You want to party up with me and my partner?

Kirito: Sure. Safety in numbers.

Asuna: Sure.

Asuna is surprised to see Devil's name but hides it her reaction.

Asuna: Devil, Neo, and Kirito?

Devil: Yeah.

Asuna: Okay. Devil, there is place in town that I want to show you. Come with me tonight? Come alone.

Devil nods to Neo and she nods back.

Devil: Fine. I'll meet you.

The meeting ends and the night comes. Devil sees Asuna sitting by herself and walks over.

Devil: The loner type?

Asuna: Not particularly. Good. You came alone. Follow me.

Asuna leads Devil around a corner. She then quickly grabs him and holds a dagger to his neck.

Asuna: You better not be who I think you are.

Devil: (Chuckles) Where was this during the party?

Asuna removes her hood and glares at Devil.

Asuna: What are you doing here? I didn't see you the first day so you must've dived in later. Did my parents send you?

Devil: I volunteered.

Asuna: I don't need your help. I'll be fine. I'm doing this to prove a point. I can do this on my own.

Devil: You can only go so far while soloing. I can protect you.