The Devil

3rd Person POV

Time has passed and the players have reached at least the 47th floor. A littler girl named Silica who is known for having her own pet dragon leaves a party that she was apart of and heads off into the woods by herself. She is now fighting a bunch of high leveled monsters on her own.

Silica: Coming out here by myself was a horrible idea. If only God would save me! Or the Devil...

A monster goes to attack Silica but the blow is stopped by her pet dragon, Pina. Pina takes the blow but dies in the process which breaks Silica's heart.

Silica: I'm so sorry, Pina. It's all my fault. I guess this is the end.

Silica closes her eyes expecting death but instead she hears gun shots and the monsters disappear. She opens her eyes to see two people running in her direction. A boy and a girl who looked like ice cream.

Boy: Neo, why did you run all the way over here?

Neo sends the boy a message.

Boy: Because she's cute?

Neo and the boy look at Silica.

Boy: You got a point there. She is cute.

Neo nods and wraps her arms around Silica and then uses one hand to pat Silica's head.

Boy: I'm sorry. Neo loves things that are as cute as her.

Silica is speechless for a second but then starts to cry again.

Boy: What's wrong?

Silica shows the boy a feather.

Silica: This was my friend. Her name was Pina. She died protecting me.

Silica sobs. The boy looks closer and sees a name attached to the feather.

Boy: "Pina's Heart." Good. There is still a chance to revive her.

Silica: Huh?

Boy: There is an item on Floor 47 at the Hill of Memories which revives familiars.

Silica: Floor 47?

Boy: We could get it for you but the master of the familiar needs to be there.

Silica: I'm under leveled for that. Maybe if I level up some more...

Boy: The item only works 3 days after death.

Silica sobs again.

Silica: PINA, I'M SO SORRY!

Neo glares at the boy. The boy sighs.

Boy: We'll help you.

Silica: Really?

Neo lets go of Silica and nods. Neo transfers some items to Silica.

Boy: Those should help you level up a lot quicker. We need to hurry. We don't have much time.

Silica: Uh...

Silica opens her menu.

Silica: This isn't nearly enough to pay you back but...

Boy: Don't worry about it. Consider it on me. Now, let's head back to town and get some rest.

Silica: Umm...why are you two helping me?

Boy: Promise not to laugh?

Silica: Yes.

Boy: Neo loves cute things and would've killed me for not helping.