The Nephilim?

When I woke up again it was by Tegan’s incessant shaking. I opened my eyes and she let go of me quickly. “You have been asleep for so long. Everyone said to leave you alone and that you were fine but I was worried.” I looked around and realized that I wasn’t in our room but that I was in the nurses quarters. I felt my blood pressure rising, “What happened? Why am I here?” I tried to move my body but it wouldn’t obey my command I felt my heart beat faster. “Why can’t I move?” Tegan looked nervous as she looked into my eyes. “I don’t really know. Evan and the headmaster brought you here a couple days ago. They said that you were really sick. I watched them put you in the bed and they had to strap you down because you kept thrashing around like you were in a lot of pain. They wouldn't let me come see you until now. I was so afraid.” Her voice shook and I watched a tear roll down her cheek. I had to pull myself together for Tegan’s sake I hadn’t known she had cared about me so much and maybe she didn’t but it was clear that my current state was upsetting her. I smiled at her, “Well, I’m fine now. So could you please unstrap me from this bed. We don’t want to be late to class do we? if we even have class today. What day is it?” Tegan wiped away her tear and then slowly started to untie the straps that held me fastened to the bed. “I don’t really think they will approve of you going to class I mean what if you’re still sick?” She stopped unfastening the straps I could only move the bottom half of my body. 

I looked over at Tegan who was kneeling beside the bed. “I’m fine. If they get upset I’ll take the blame.” My voice filled the room with melody. Tegan hesitantly continued to unfasten the straps until I could move my entire body. I sat up quickly and got a little head rush. Tegan was eyeing me cautiously. I could see she was still uncertain about the whole situation. I wobbled a little when I got out of the bed but I felt fine. I smiled at her and then looked at what I was wearing. “Tegan, I can’t wear this to class.” At that Tegan smirked and pulled her backpack to the side and began unzipping it, “That’s why I brought these just in case...” She pulled out a pair of ripped jeans and my Ramones band shirt along with my old ratty converse. I couldn't believe this. “Tegan, I can’t wear these. What about the uniform rule?” She just continued to smile and held the clothes out toward me. I took them hesitantly. She laughed and then pushed me toward the bathroom. “Hurry up! I am already in enough trouble as it is.” Tegan’s voice rang out from behind the bathroom door. 

I changed into the clothes she had given me, and then examined myself in the mirror hanging on the bathroom door. I smiled at the reflection I saw. When Tegan saw me she whistled, “Dang girl. You look good I see now you have been hiding in your uniform.” I felt myself blush and then I grabbed the backpack next to my bed that Tegan had brought from me. “Let’s go. I don’t know how much trouble I’m going to get into for not wearing the uniform.” I rushed out the door Tegan trailing behind. I heard her laugh behind me, “You’re not going to get in trouble. I got you covered.” She laughed again and then raced past me. I couldn’t believe I was having so much fun I hadn’t felt this way since, well since I can’t remember. I raced off after her. Before I knew it we had reached Magnus hall Tegan had won the race. We entered Mr. Campton’s class out of breath and laughing. 

Mr. Campton smiled at us and then looked back down at his role sheet and checked our names off but he didn’t say anything about my clothing and I wasn’t about to bring it up. Tegan found her seat next to Sorsha and I looked over to see Tristen sitting in the seat which was originally mine. I stalked over to the empty seat next to him and plopped down the sight of him reminded me of our last meeting. I looked over at him and saw him doodling away in his notebook which caught my fascination which then apparently my presence caught his fascination and he looked over at me slightly and then he looked again more shocked. I felt like I had been caught. I turned away from him quickly. “Where’s your uniform?” His voice danced between the empty space. I didn’t want to look at him but my body reacted faster then my mind could and I was once again looking into his emerald eyes and he was looking into mine with an odd fascination. “Why does it matter?” I said snapping and turning away from his perceiving eyes. He didn’t look away from me, “You’re going to attract a lot of attention in that outfit...” He turned back to drawing and I looked at him, looking at the scowl on his face. I looked away, “Mission accomplished...” I lowered my voice as if speaking to myself. I heard his pencil slam down on his paper. I looked over quickly to see him staring at me with something resembling anger in eyes. I couldn’t help myself. I felt my body scoot closer to him but matching his anger. “Are you going to act like a child about everything that’s happening?” He asked through his clenched teeth. His question through me off, “What? I am not acting like a child!” I pulled back. “Well, you’re making it pretty clear you’re not happy about what happened. Well neither am I princess. I mean you were the one who just walked away.” my eyes hardened into a glare, “Yes, your right I did walk away but at least I am not the lying cheater in this little show you put on and that suits me just fine...” He still held his stance looking me over, “Right. OK! Then who are you exactly, because you’re obviously not who I thought you were...” He looked down at his hand, before going back to his drawing.