Chapter 3

"Mom, I need you to get Luke." Emma said. She took this time to evaluate what had happened. She felt as if the whole kidnapping happened that night and it was the next morning. Then, she of breath. "Of course" mumbled her father "I knew that boy would get in the way." "James, now is not the time to gripe our daughter has been gone for almost a year!" Emma's mom said sounding helpless. Luke came in with the palest skin Emma had ever seen. His eyes were red from crying. He sat down next to her careful not to scare her, and sighed. " Emma, you need to stay. You need to stay here with your family and friends. I don't care if you hate me for the rest of your life for saying this. I love you, Emma. I can't live without you... I need you to be okay." He whispered, suddently he grabbed her hand and put it next to his heart just to where she could feel it beating. "I love you too, but I can't live with what happened." Emma whispered with tears in her eyes. "What exactly happened?"

        "I was writing in my notebook when I heard a noise coming from the woods. I just thought it was an animal. Then, I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and blood trickled out. I tried to run, but I was to weak. The next thing I know is that I'm being thrown in a truck." Emma said grimly. "I don't remember much after that." " Actually, I remember some of the others that were there." "Girls from the ages of five to twenty five." At this time everyone was listening including an investigator with a tape recorder in his hand. He started to pack his things and leave. When Emma asked," Did you find any others?" The investigator looked back and told me "not too worry about it."

     "No, these were the only people I could trust when I was gone! You're going to tell me if you found them or not!" Emma yelled till she cried. "You are insane to think you can yell at me to get information," The investigator said with a awful look on his face. With that he was gone and the hospital room was silent. Soon the doctor came in with a questionable look on her face that made Emma uncomfortable. "The investigator told me about your breakdown and we think you need to take some anger management classes." "Okay, fine." Emma said in a soft, gentle voice.

      "No, she doesn't have anger issues." Luke mumbled under his breath. "Excuse me" said the doctor. "I said, Emma doesn't have anger issues... I would know." Luke called a bit louder. "How would you know?" The doctor asked. "Because I have anger issues and to be quite honest Emma has no signs of it. Just because she yelled at an investigator doesn't mean she does." Luke was getting mad at this point and Emma understood why, if she had the parents he had she would be angry all the time too. Luke's mom is a drug addict and his dad is in prison for almost beating him to death. Emma thoughts were broken when the doctor announced that "she could go home tomorrow."