Back Home

Yoongi pressed his code to unlock his famous Genius lab, almost after two years. As soon as he pushed the door, the dust accumulated in his absence and the musty smell, tingled in his nostrils, causing him to sneeze loudly. Pulling up his face mask, Yoongi stares at his studio; the discolored walls, dusty desk, computers, screens, keyboard, speaker, piled up note books, everything is unclean and untouched. Though staffs requested him to give them the password before he was leaving for military, the BTS rapper did not give it. He did not give it because it was not only his studio, it was not just his workplace, it was his dreamland, an escape from the harsh real world out there, a safe heaven where only he had the permission to step in, he couldn't simply let anyone to come here. In fact, his studio used to be off limits for his own group members. He did not know how the others have perceived it, they might have felt insulted a bit, they might have thought that Yoongi was mean for not trusting them. But wasn't he always mean? always a rude rich spoiled idol?  So he did not explain to them, didn't even care to. One thing that he learnt from life is, he can't control people and their thoughts. He still can remember the controversy regarding his mixtape, broke out at 2020. That year, that damn year, it was a cursed year in every aspect, a pandemic, cancelled tours, two unprecedented scandals, lastly enlistment and pause to their group activity as a whole group. Yoongi sighs bitterly, you can't really plan your life, can you? That night in America, they welcomed 2020 with a bittersweet feeling, realizing that was the seventh year of BTS together and knowing that it was also the last year together before their enlistment. They poured their blood, sweat and tears in their highly anticipated comeback and of course they broke records left and right, everything was going smooth and planned but then the Covid-19 spread all around the world, first time they performed their comeback stages in an empty set, without fans cheering for them, without those fan chants their songs felt empty, the costly high quality lighting could never take the place of the ocean of army bombs. Yoongi hated it, the empty venues scared him, absence of fans always made him think about the day when they would be not as famous as then, the feeling of performing without having ARMY at their back haunted him. And then their nightmares came true, their world tour was cancelled,though they used the word postponed, deep down they and their fans knew the reality. Yet they searched desperately for silver lining in that doomed situation, they arranged online concerts, aired their own variety show, Youtube lives, vlives, he resumed his FM show, Festa, anything and everything they could do for the fans, to keep them happy and entertained. Amidst of all these, all the boys were desperately looking for the silver lining in the dark cloudy sky, they spent more time with their families, concentrated on their training, individual works, each and everything they could not do because of their schedule. South Korea, fortunately recovered quite faster than rest of the world but some other places specially United States, UK, Italy, France were worst affected, putting a big question mark on probability of any major event in the rest of the year. When all these were felt disappointing, two major controversies hit Bangtan, makeing it more worse. When the restriction are lifted in their country, driven by the natural human nature, people swarms to the clubs, bars, restaurants etc. after being locked up at their homes. It was natural, it was most humane thing to do, but ofcourse idols are not allowed to be humane. As soon as, the second wave of covid hits the country, the infamous Dispatch stabbed them. Criticism flooded as they reported about the '97 line hangout in Itaewon, 1 week prior to the second wave. Four famous idols from different agencies, Jungkook, Eunwoo, Mingyu and Jaehyun were criticized for their reckless behaviour. Though Bighit put out a statement apologizing for it and also informing that Jungkook went through all recommended measures, he was bashed mercilessly. It was quite evident at a point of time that he was targeted by haters, there were even demands to take back his cultural merit award, from netizens. Before Jungkook's case couldn't die down, Yoongi got into another controversy for a mistake in his mixtape, at a terrible time. It really had a toll on him, even after three years, his heart still sinks whenever he recalls that incident.

"Hyung, you came?", Yoongi turns around hearing Jungkook's voice. And the huge bunny jumps on him in happiness, without considering his heavy weight.

"Move move, you are choking me", Yoongi cries out, slapping his butt.

"I am so happy", his huge maknae lifts him up twirls. Really, he is getting bigger and bigger, Yoongi wonders.

"But why didn't you call me Hyung?", Jungkook asks with a pout after putting his Hyung down on the ground.

"I heard you were busy and I have just arrived. How do you know by the way?", Yoongi asks leading the younger outside of the dusty studio.

"Bang PD told me.. oh yes he told you to meet him", Jungkook says, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"Now? Today?", Yoongi asks raising his brows.

"Yeah"

Yoongi enters in the PD's office and warmly welcomed by Bang Si Hyuk.

"So... are you ready to resume your work?", PDnim asks staring at him.

"Yeah... you have something in your mind, right?", the idol asks directly, earning a scoff from PDnim,
"You didn't change Yoongiaah... always get into the point quickly".

The rapper silently sips his coffee, waiting for Bang PD to open up.

"So are you interested to produce OSTs?", the elder asks.

"OSTs??", Yoongi can't believe his ears, "like drama OSTs?"

"Yes.. do you want to? We got some offer", PDnim smiles.

"Yes... yes I want to do", Yoongi's rare gummy smile shows up, it's really a big thing for him, he always wanted to be a producer, the more works he gets the better.

"Okay then, we will proceed with that... and oh yeah, I want to you to go in a radio show", the PD informs him.

"Suddenly?? But... but we stopped long before", he sounds skeptical.

"Yes I know Yoongi but I think now that you guys have to do solo activities, it's better to go in some variety shows which are followed by general public", Bang PD looks at him but seeing no signs of affirmation, he continues

"Even Jin has gone to running man recently"

"That's for his drama, his whole crew went obviously he had to go", Yoongi retaliates, making PDnim sigh deeply.

"And moreover, it's not I hate them, it's just I am not confident enough, specially when I am not with members... you know I am not comfortable around unfamiliar people", he says in a gloomy voice.

"You know him, it Heechul's show, that's why I agreed".

"Heechul Hyung?", the rapper asks.

"Yes.. and even if you convince me, you are getting a call from him anyway", the PD smiles mischievously.

He knows, Heechul is very close to BTS members even Yoongi, he can't say no to him.Yoongi nods in defeat, yes he can't say no to Heechul, he agrees to go.

"Oh yea... you won't be a solo guest, IU ssi will be there too, you don't have to do a lot of talking.... relax", Bang PD assures.

"IU ssi??", Yoongi asks in surprise.

"Yes... because you both will be there, they will ask about the collaboration, so prepare for that"

The collaboration !! Yes, the collaboration was a dream collaboration for him. He had produced songs for other female artists before IU, in fact they all were good artist. But IU is a legend in Korean music industry. Yoongi and IU are of same age, but look at her, she is five years senior than him and she is still equally relevant even this day. Isn't it her fifteenth year in the industry? Unbelievable !!!

All of a sudden, Yoongi breaks into a smile, 2020 was not entirely bad then, something good did happen that year.

*****
I am writing this book for me, I don't expect a lot of readers as this is not a popular ship. Yet happy to see that it managed to get some views, if you are still reading this book, please vote and leave your comments.