United Academy

It had been two, maybe three, days since they had left the library. Elisha never really liked to guess anymore. They still play games and stuff, but they didn't do much else. One day, as they were walking, Elisha noticed a gray smudge in the distance. It was a town. Elisha began to race forward. But then she realized it was several miles away. But she didn't stop. She got thirsty but kept running. She got cramps and fatigue. But she kept running. Must get there.

Finally, Royoko managed to stop her. "Stop. Just stop. If you keep this up, you'll die before we get there. You are still roughly seven miles away. If you run all the way there, you could die."

"Addie'd love that."

"She might. Now, stop running and calm down."

"Calm down. Yeah. I can do that. I definitely can."

"Just breathe. Talk to your inner calm and ask it to get to work."

Elisha giggled. Royoko was always personifying feelings and emotions. I forgot how fun that could be. It used to be so fun. I'd go all emotional and she'd tell me to 'have talked with my inner calm for not doing its job'.

"By the way. I discovered something. It's called your inner office. Your inner editor works there, as does your imagination. Especially your inner therapist. Talk to them. Work out stuff. Feelings. Crushes. How much you hate me cause I said that."

"I don't hate you!"

"Uh-huh. I totally believe you."

"Fuh-ine. Maybe I do. Just a little."

"Called it!"

The girls laughed as they ran over to the town. This time, however, they stopped to drink and eat and calm their cramps. It was nice and the girls enjoyed it. It was nice and fun as they played a game of charades. It was super funny. When it was Royoko's turn for the fifteenth time, she walked on her hands and did a flip. Then she walked with her hands bent in front of her. She walked in a perfectly straight line and wobbled slightly. She also twitched her hands from side to side.

"Uhmmm. Gymnast? No. Okay. Uhmmm. Circus performer?"

"Yup."

"Yass."

"Your turn."

"Okay. Uhmmm. Oh. I know." Elisha held out her palm and moved around like a carousel. She pretended to be riding one. Then She walked over a few feet pretended to be thinking then pointed to where she used to be standing. Then she walked back over and nodded and gestured over. Then she walked back over and did some different gestures. This went on for a while. Honestly! How long is it going to take?

"I got it! Your playing charades."

"I am."

They both collapsed, laughing. Elisha would do that. "Well," said Royoko. "Since we resorted to that, let's move on."

"Okay. How about... What are you doing."

"I'll start." Royoko began going through the acts of brushing her teeth.

"What are you doing!?!"

"Karate."

Elisha began doing karate.

"What are you doing!?!"

"Grand Plies."

And so it went back and forth.

In the middle of asking Royoko, Elisha saw they were almost outside the gates. "Come on. Let's go inside."

"Okay..."

"Come on!"

Once they got in, they saw the school. It was moderate compared to Mythical School, but big all the same. Then, Elisha read the sign. Wait! United Academy! That's where Heather goes!!! "Good news! Heather goes here. We can get in easily."

They walked up and Elisha just blinked at the guard. "Listen. We know Heather. We are here to see her. I expect her after classes. Please bring her then."

The guard nodded and muttered: "Of course Miss... um..."

"Elisha."

"Of course. Right away Miss Elisha."

They entered the school and one of the older daughters of Hestia said a spell that cleaned them up. They walked to the headmistress's office. The headmistress looked up and nodded to the guard and he left.

"Hello, kids. My name is Hestia. Good to see you, Elisha. Is this Royoko? I have heard about you."

"How do you know me? As far as I know, I've never met you, Heather only told me about you."

"I have met you before. When you were only a baby."

"Wow."

"So. You want to see Heather?"

"Yes."

"Lemme call her up real quick." Hestia pressed a button and a flash came from outside the room. Seconds later, Heather came in.

"Elisha! Royoko! What are you doing here!?!"

"We got lost in the woods on a group trip. Can you help us get back to school?"

"How long ago was this?"

"Two ta three months ago."

"Yeah. How quick."

"As fast a possible."

"We'll help. Mom?"

Hestia nodded. She pressed a button and spoke. "We have two lost students from Mythical School. Let's help them get home!"

As Elisha and Royoko went outside, they saw the kids working on something.

"It's a pletinokasin. A cross between a plane, a bike and a car."

"What..."

"You'll understand once you get inside."

"Okayyyyy."

"Trust me. You will."

And they did. It took two, maybe three hours to finish. Once they got inside, they saw it was a plane in the shape of a car that had a bike that apparently powered it. Elisha got comfortable and Royoko got in too. They began to pedal. Soon, they had lifted off. Elisha took hold of the wheel and they waved to the people from United Academy.

"Thank You!!!" called the girls. "Thank you so much."

Everyone cheered as they lifted off. But not Heather. She just waved with a melancholy look on her face.

"Goodbye, Heather," said Elisha. Then, she thought of something. She wrote something out and sent it down to Heather. Elisha saw the girl's eyes widen when she saw what it said. Elisha must have misheard, but she thought she heard her childhood bestie say "Thank you." Elisha shook her head. I couldn't have heard her. Could  I?