Prologue

WHERE'S KORE?

WHERE'S KORE?

The king of the underworld sat on his throne of ebony, in his large and almost always deserted hall. His sceptre leaned against his throne as he lifelessly gazed at the view that laid outside of one of the large and dark windows of his castle, Asphodel stretched out in front of him but it gave him no joy, It never did and he heavily despised his brother Zeus for it.

Hermes entered the hall abruptly and walked towards the king, fearfully imagining what horrid things would happen after the king of the underworld discovered that his dear Kore was gone and she didn't have any intentions on coming back.

Hades looked scornfully at the approaching Hermes, he's eyes piercing those of Hermes menacingly, "You know. It would be nice if you would tell me when you were going to barge into my house." said Hades coldly. Hermes gulped and spoke, "Hades I apologise for doing my job." He stopped to take a breathe, collecting himself as speaking to the God of Death was seemingly overwhelming, "You have a message from Demeter."

Hades rolled his eyes and reached out for his goblet filled with nectar . "That Demeter, I thought she would stop ranting and raving, after all Persephone is going to be spending the next six months with her." Hades sipped the nectar as Hermes spoke, he swivelled the liquid in the goblet bordly, his mind thinking of his absent beloved "Hades, I don't know how to tell you this but... Persephone isn't coming back. Ever."

The goblet that had previously laid in the cold hand of the god of the underworld fell to the ground, spilling the nectar as Hades placed a hand over his heart.

"What? Did you just say that Kore is gone?" asked Hades in a painful whisper. It seemed that all the air had been sucked out of the room, Or maybe it was just the extent of his shock.

Hermes nodded.

The look of pure dread on Hade's face was replaced with a cold and stern look that Hermes had come to know as one to fear on the face of the God of the underworld. When he pulled this face, it was as if his already dark curls, went darker and his pale skin became paler, making him look even colder than he already did. His mouth shaped a cruel snarl before he opened it to speak once more. The ghoul was what many called him, a handsome ghoul, but nevertheless a being who was eery and to be feared.

"Does Zeus support this?" asked Hades coldly. His fists tightened dangerously, threatening to spill his holy blood on the polished floors of his throne room.

Hermes nodded, "So do the other olympians."

"Even Poseidon?" asked Hades once again, as the familiar feeling of betrayal boiled in his stomach, "B-But Kore ate here, she can't leave! This is direct undermining of my power. From a bunch of God's who have never even had the courage or decency to set foot in my kingdom."

Hermes sighed, "There was no other way."

"That bastard! Zeus was the one who gave me the heads up in the first place!" exclaimed Hades. His chest was rising and falling dangerously. Blood now dripping from his fists.

"Did you agree with this Hermes? You are an olympian right?" asked Hades coldly as he glared holes into Hermes's godly face.

"Like I said, we all had no choice. Demeter said she would stop doing all her duties forever, you know what that means don't you?" Said Hermes defensively.

Hades chuckled, "Zeus gave me permission to take Persephone, in fact he gave me the idea! I just wanted one THING, to be allowed one privilege in my life!"

Hermes stood uncomfortably, suddenly remembering that this was the god of death after all, who could have one little talk with Thanatos and diminish his immortal life to a pathetic existence.

"I'm going to find Kore." said Hades as he arose and walked past a sleeping Cerberus. He whistled, and Cerberus's three heads jolted to life, happily panting as all six of his eyes looked at his owner, "When Hermes leaves make sure no one enters this castle." said Hades as he walked away. His movements swift and powerful.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Yelled Hermes, "You have duties to do and you're going to upset Demeter are you insane!"

Hades stopped and without turning around, he spoke, "Tell the olympians that they don't have to worry about Demeter, because my wrath will dwarf hers and then you will all finally understand."

Hermes opened his mouth to respond but it was too late, Hades's silhouette was moving away at an alarming pace and in the blink of an eye, Hades had disappeared into thin air. Leaving a astonished Hermes behind.