19|

●

A TALE AS OLD AS HUMANKIND

Athena inhaled, "Why do I always need to do the explaining?" she murmured before she delved into the story.

"Eirene was one of the Horae. She was, or you were I guess the goddess of peace and spring-" Kea interrupted,

"But isn't Persephone the goddess of spring?" asked Kea,

Athena rolled her eyes, "I was getting to that. I'd appreciate it if you would let me finish before you interrupt. As I was saying, she was a part of the Horae blah blah blah, goddess of spring blah blah blah, and Persephone my dear is the goddess of vegetation not spring. They are easily confused but not the same.

When Eirene still roamed the earth in its early days and especially after her birth there was indescribable peace and serenity, even amongst the God's. Her mere presence incited tranquillity anywhere and everywhere. All were very fond of her and she was very fond of-" Athena took a break as her eyes glanced over to Hades, "A certain dark lord."

Hades rolled his eyes as long forgotten memories of a young Eirene, so envolped in him, crossed his mind. He pushed them away, they were painful. He remembered the regret and pain he felt when she disappeared, how he longed to tell her that he wished to love her but at the time was not ready to put himself in that position.

Marrying Persephone washed the pain away, as her flowery essence reminded him so much of Eirene. It was a fact he had never uttered to anyone.

"Anyways, one day, one horrible day. A gruesome chain of wars broke out amongst the early human population. Everyone was perplexed disheartened ,things were not mean't to go that way. Eirene's sole duty was to maintain peace and bring forth spring however all these things ceased to be. Eirene disappeared. We thought she would return but she never did. Persephone eventually came along and took her place by working with the horae to make sure there was always spring, but we have never known true peace ever since then. Until you three days ago. That surge you released resemble hers so closely, your aura. Something about you screams out Eirene."

Kea was quite. Her hand still comfortably placed in Hades's. Realisation hitting her,

"So how can you be sure. That I am Eirene?" asked Kea.

"There can be no mistaking the imprint of a god. Our aura's are extremely unique. There is no doubt about it however what we don't know know is how you even got in this seemingly mortal body, why you've been gone away so long and why you seem to not have a clue about any of this." Said Zeus.

Aphrodite spoke, "Oh that's Eirene all right. I felt it the day I met her, and she is resistant to the mist, mortals shouldn't be, there is a deep mystery to be resolved here."

Poseidon pitched in too, in a rather cocky manner, "She didn't seem fazed by my advances and she was immune to the kiss of Zeus."

Zeus shot him a look, annoyed by him jumping back to a topic they had forgotten, but nobody said anything. "Well then, we need to recover your memories. Kea or Eirene you will travel with my brothers and I to the underworld and we will visit the Moiroi, we need answers."