6. MISUNDERSTANDING

Almost three months had passed. Jungkook and Y/n were in a stable, peaceful relationship. They were a happy couple, and Jungkook balanced both sides of his life beautifully. BTS's fame continued skyrocketing, and their next world tour was just around the corner.

Y/n's Pov

Y/n's POV

The school day had finally ended, and I couldn't have been more relieved. It had been such an exhausting day.

"What homework did the history teacher give?" Yoonmin asked from my left.

I shot her a look. "Don't tell me you were sleeping in class again."

Yoonmin smiled sheepishly and scratched her ear—a clear admission of guilt. I chuckled, and before long, both of us were laughing hysterically like we always did. That's when I felt a light tap on my back. Turning around, I found myself face-to-face with my childhood friend, Park Hyun. He was one of my closest friends and always had this warm, familiar presence.

"Hey, Hyun!" I greeted, smiling brightly.

"Shall we head home together?" Hyun's smile was so bright it could blind someone.

I smiled apologetically. "I was really sorry, Hyun-ah, but I need to be somewhere today. I promise we will walk home together tomorrow."

"It's okay," he said, shrugging it off with his usual warmth.

"Aww, Hyun-ah, just give up already!" Yoonmin teased, faking a dramatic cry. "She's got her Jungkook—you'll never win her heart!"

Hyun looked confused, his eyebrows knitting together as he glanced between me and Yoonmin. I quickly elbowed her before she could say anything else. "Yah! That hurt!" she whined, rubbing her side.

"Serves you right. Don't talk nonsense!" I shot her a look, then turned back to Hyun. "Ignore her, she's lost her mind."

Hyun nodded, still a little baffled, but he let it slide. Poor guy never fully understood Yoonmin's teasing. To him, I was just his friend who is a good company—nothing more. He was kind, smart, and definitely not the type to pull anything sneaky. But Yoonmin loved to stir things up, making it hard for him to figure out whether she was serious or not.

You might have been wondering if I had told Yoonmin about Jungkook and me. The truth was, I hadn't. She only knew about my fangirl love for Jungkook, so her teasing was purely innocent. Little did she know, we were actually in a relationship. I hated keeping it a secret from her, but it was something I had to do for now.

We were standing by the main gate of the school, chatting away, when I spotted a sleek black BMW parked across the road. My eyes locked with Jungkook's sharp, intense gaze. His eyes looked like they were throwing daggers—two or three, at least. Before I could figure out what was happening, he rolled up the window and drove off.

Wait, what?! He was supposed to pick me up for a date! Why did he just... leave? His expression was cold, almost scary. My heart sank. Was he angry at me for some reason? I replayed everything in my head, trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

I couldn't find any reason after thinking hard

I couldn't find any reason after thinking hard. I assumed the paparazzi might have seen him, so he had gone away to save himself from chaos.

"Excuse me, guys, I need to go." I but goodbye to my friends and ran to spot Jungkook's car, but it was nowhere to be seen. I repeatedly called his number, but he didn't pick up. Confused and unsettled, I went home still unable to understand what had just happened.

"Why are you home so early? You were supposed to go out with Jungkook, right?" my mom asked. My parents knew everything about us. As long as Kookie kept me happy, they had no objections. They were also ready to keep it a secret as long as I wanted. I told them everything that had happened today.

"He might have a reason behind it," my mom suggested.

"I hope so..." I replied, still not feeling very cheerful.

I went to my room and threw myself onto the bed as sudden exhaustion washed over me. Just a moment ago, I was energetic, but now my excitement had fizzled out. I had been looking forward to going out with Jungkook.

I tried his number infinitely, but he never answered. Was he that busy? He could have at least texted me. I resolved to go to his dorm after school the next day.

Jungkook's Pov

I couldn't imagine it; that boy was so close to her. He was flirting with her, and she didn't even object. Her friend was talking about some kind of relationship. Was she cheating on me? I shook my head. She's not like that. God! I was so furious that moment, I'd seen that boy with her so many times.

"JK, I'M TALKING TO YOU! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" Namjoon suddenly raised his voice.

"Y-yes, we have to improve our vocals," I tried to act normal.

Namjoon continued his lecture, and I turned my head to find Jimin staring at me. I gave him an awkward smile.

Time Skip

It was evening. Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi hyungs had gone to the studio, and Jin was busy in his room. Jimin sat opposite me on the sofa, still staring. "What is it, hyung? Are you developing feelings for me?" I tried to sound cool.

"I'm being serious, Kook. You don't look good." He didn't even crack a smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"See, Jungkook, I've known you for eight long years, and I can tell when you're having a tough time. So, tell me if something is bothering you."

Aishh! I forgot that I could never escape Jimin's watchful eyes.

"Actually, I—" I began to say when Jin Hyung barged in.

"Hey, I'm going to buy some items, and I need you, Jimin. JK, wanna tag along?"

What timing, Hyung! "I'm fine here. Jimin Hyung can go with you," I said, pushing him away from the sofa. "Besides, Taehyung will be back soon. I need to check if the snacks are warm enough until you return."

"That's my child! I raised you well." He gave me a thumbs-up and stomped off.

Jimin was reluctant to leave me alone, but he had no other choice. I needed some privacy at that moment. I had to take my thoughts off her and focus on my upcoming album.

"O jachi maka deussi mado malohamdamyeon,
Joneun bogomalleyo bogoshipposseo..."

I practiced my vocals, my eyes stinging with unshed tears.

It was around 6 PM when someone BANGED the door open. I flinched at the sudden sound, my eyes widening at the sight.

It was Y/n...

_______________________________________

Sorry for leaving it in a cliffhanger. But sometimes it's good to create suspense in the story (*Evil Grin*) .
How do you think Jungkook will react now? How will Y/n manage the situation?
Comment below. Don't forget to vote and share.
                                               --Jeongsri