7. TRUST

Y/n's Pov

By the time I reached Jungkook's dorm, I was burning with rage. I banged the door open. There he sat on the sofa, his wide eyes locked on me. The other members weren't around; he seemed alone in the dorm.

"JEON JUNGKOOK! What the hell is up with you?! Why did you run away yesterday?! And why aren't you answering my calls?!" I said in one breath.

Jungkook stood up and came closer to me. "Go away! I don't want to talk to you."

I was shocked to see such a drastic change in his demeanor

I was shocked to see such a drastic change in his demeanor. The anger in his voice was palpable, but I couldn't recall doing anything wrong. "What happened, Kookie? Did I offend you?" I spoke softly, desperately trying to shift my anger into concern.

"Don't act naïve! You know what you did! Just go away," he growled, his eyes narrowing.

"I am not going anywhere until I know what my fault is!" I retorted, my voice firm despite the rising tension.

He closed the distance between us, pinning me against the wall with a force that made my heart race. His hands braced on either side of me, trapping me in place. This wasn't the cute, charming boyfriend I knew. Where had my Bunny gone?

"Jungkook, what—"

"He was so close to you, and you didn't object! You looked like you were enjoying it, didn't you?!" he spat, venom lacing his words.

The accusation hit me like a slap. It took a moment to process what he was implying. He was talking about Hyun! God, damn it! What was he thinking?

"Your friend was talking about some kind of relationship. Now answer me honestly—Is he your ex?" His voice dropped to a low, dangerous growl.

"Jungkook, you—"

"ANSWER ME! YES. OR. NO?" His voice thundered in the small space, each word a demand that echoed in my chest.

 NO?" His voice thundered in the small space, each word a demand that echoed in my chest

I couldn't meet his eyes. He was terrifying. "No," I squeaked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Jungkook looked down, his expression darkening as he let go of me and moved away. He turned his back to me, his shoulders tense. "Like I guessed. He isn't your ex, but present. Y/n, you should have told me. I wouldn't have objected. You didn't need to lie."

The pain in his voice was evident, cutting through me like a knife. "W-What are you talking about?" I stuttered, confusion lacing my words.

"You're free to go. Just give me some time. I'll get over it soon. Enjoy your love life," he said flatly, his expression now devoid of any warmth.

His words struck me like a dagger. I felt weak, as if the ground had been pulled from beneath my feet. My heart shattered into a million pieces. How could he accuse me of such a thing without even wanting to hear the truth?

"Jungkook, please... give me a chance to explain," I pleaded, my eyes glossy with unshed tears.

"I don't need an explanation. Just go away! Leave me alone. We shouldn't see each other from now on."

His choice of words hit me like a freight train. "Listen, Jungkook, the most important thing in a relationship isn't love; it's trust. And since you're not ready to trust me, I won't waste my breath explaining anything to you!" I shouted, my voice trembling with a mix of anger and hurt.

I paused, hoping for a response, but he remained silent, avoiding my gaze like it was poison. "We won't meet until you realize your mistake."

"That day will never come..." His words were cruel, shattering my resolve. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This wasn't the Kookie I knew. Why, Jungkook? I did nothing wrong!

"We'll see." With those final words, I rushed out of the room. Taehyung stood in the doorway, but I pushed past him, ignoring his calls as I fled.

I needed to escape that place, to get away from Jungkook. I could no longer control my emotions. My heart ached with such intensity that it felt like physical pain. Tears overflowed, but I refused to show my weakness in front of someone who didn't trust me.

Author's Pov

Taehyung stumbled as Y/n pushed past him, her eyes glistening with tears. "Was that really Y/n? What just happened?! Why did she run away like that?" confusion was etched on his face.

Turning to Jungkook, who sat rigidly on the sofa, Taehyung felt a wave of concern wash over him. Jungkook's expression was blank, his gaze fixed on the floor as if it held the secrets of the universe. "Can you hear me?! I'm talking to you, Jungkook!" Taehyung urged, his voice rising in urgency.

"Can you please leave me alone for some time?!" Jungkook snapped, the pain in his voice slicing through the air. He shot up and bolted upstairs to his room, leaving Taehyung stunned in the wake of his abrupt departure.

Taehyung's heart raced as he pieced together the fragments of the scene. He could sense the storm brewing between Jungkook and Y/n, an unspoken tension that hinted at something deeper—a rift that had cracked wide open. What could have transpired to provoke such a reaction?

Taehyung clenched his fists, determination surging within him. He needed to get to the bottom of this before it spiraled further out of control.

_______________________________________

What do you think will happen now? Will they break up? Will Jungkook ever realize his mistake?
Comment below.

Hope you are liking the story. I know how irritating it feels when you're left in a cliffhanger. So I am updating frequently.

Don't forget to vote and share.

                                               --Jeongsri