Part 24

{Your POV}
“Why don’t we run to the pack house instead of driving cars?” I ask Jungkook. He turns his phone off to answer me, “Well, running in our wolf form might be dangerous and the hunters may see us and track our pack house. But with these cars, we’ll not get suspicious and we can also save our power that way.” He explains as I nod at his words that make sense.

“Why do the hunters even exist?” I ask again. There’s no way for them to hunt wolves down as if they’re harming any human. Jungkook hums at my question and replies, “Mostly, they consider the race of werewolf as a threat to human existence. And they fear that werewolves might take over the world and all.” I scoff at hearing those words, “What kind of clownery is that? We are not harming anyone. Not any human. More precisely we are harming ourselves. One pack attacks another. What about that? They sure are blind that they can’t see us dealing with something before they even try to involve. It’s like— oww!” I scowl when Jungkook pinches my cheek.

“I can’t understand why you’re hurting your pretty little brain thinking about those things. But I can understand that you need to stop talking.” He chuckles while ruffling my hair. He continues when I glare at him, “Nowadays you’re being more cute than ever.” I hit his shoulder and shake my head, “if we were not inside the car, I’d love to beat every single muscle of yours.” He scoffs and wraps my body around his arms, “Sure you would.”

We step out of the car as we arrive our destination. My jaw drops when I look at the beautiful in front of me. “Wow. Why is the pack house this big?” Jungkook walks to my side, “Because it is a pack house?” I nod absentmindedly and look around. The building is surrounded with nothing but forest. “Won’t anyone suspect about this building?” Jungkook shakes his head, “no, the building has been registered as an orphanage for avoiding unnecessary attention." My mouth forms 'O' shape as I nod at his remark.

"Let's head inside." Dad says and we all follow him. I look around the garden and the children playing there. It looks peaceful. Entering the mansion, I'm awestruck at the interiors. Can I take a time and appreciate the house? As soon as the alpha enters all of the wolves present there turn their heads to the entrance. A girl of probably my age waves at Jennie and Jennie waves her back. How did she know Jennie?

"Welcome back, alpha and Luna." An old man hugs mom and dad. It's odd calling fine-tune mom and dad. Talking about mom and dad, I talked with mom this morning but it's been long since I've talked to dad. He's still abroad and mom is alone in the house right now. I do miss her. After some greetings and he staying mute, we are escorted to our rooms. Jungkook and I get to share a room. Jin and his mate Chaerin, who I didn't know existed get to share a room and the other guys pair up for a single room.

"AHH! I'm so tired." I lay on my back on the bed. The part of bed sinks on my left side. I look at Jungkook who's looking at me with his elbows supporting his body. "Your really lazy. I swear." He laughs. I whine and hit his shoulder, "Hey. I'm just tired okay. For the whole time we reached here, just sitting in the car has made my body stiff. You can't blame me can you?"

He shakes his head while chuckling, "Do you want to do some training?" I raise my brow at him, "Training?" He nods his head, "We are training. I mean we should train because that's the plan. You know? Hunters time?"

"I should train too?" I question him, startled of the new info. "If you'd like to. But if you don't, I'm here to protect you." He purchased my cheek. I groan and sit up, "I'll also train. I don't want you to protect me. Protect yourself first. And you know as a future alpha, you're going to protect the whole pack." I pat his shoulders with a proud look in my face.

He grabs both of my hands and pulls me to him. Falling on top of him, I gasp and glare at him. "You should stop pulling me like this everytime." He chuckles and pecks my lips, "and listen here my dear. I am the future alpha and don't forget that you're the Luna of this pack. So as important as it sounds to protect the whole pack, you're also my top priority. Did you get that inside your pretty little head of yours?" I stay silent and shrug.