Part Twenty Eight

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
   It had not been long he got to Biafran house at Obosi. He was not surprised to see Nick’s reinforcement. Many were not known but he saw up to three more Special Force defectors.   He was still putting on his bullet vest and he had also added his shocker before coming out of his car. He was not going to ignore the fact that Tiger was with Nick. He was afraid of him for a reason.       
      Andrew was nowhere in sight, neither was Tiger. He quickly brought out Flight 2, a beetle-like device and sent it in the direction of the house. It was produced mainly for sound. Flight 10 could send sound but it was too risky. He had to be very discreet. He was going to distance himself from Faceless’ phone immediately the beetle gained entrance to where he was. That was his first plan. The next was to use the hacker’s method to hack into BlueAI system. He had watched how his fake tool box was hacked and destroyed. He knew their pattern and he was going to do it in reverse. It was like one of their trainings where they were taught that one could untie a rope if the person watched how it was tied. Same principle worked for hackers. While Flight 2 located Faceless’ current location, he brought out Flight 5. It also looked like a beetle but it was bigger and it had a camera. It was risky, it could be easily detected. But he could risk it because he still had the location of the control room where Faceless was about to plug his phone. There was a probability, hacking the BlueAI system would take long. Flight 5 was his plan B.
He had connected his tool box to his Bluetooth’s earpiece and there was currently no audible activity going on where Faceless was. He could only hear somebody’s fast breathing. Flight 10 was very far away, he could not risk it being discovered. He wanted to take them unawares.
“Now shall we begin” he heard Nick’s voice.
“I will never make that call” Faceless said.
“You know you should be dead. Anybody can wear your mask. The masses don’t know you. But if I kill you, Nwankwo will never make that call, no matter what I do to him. Nwankwo is here with you, the camera is here with you. The computer to go life is here, so let’s start.”
There was absolute silence.
“Okay, the hard way then. Why do people choose the hard way for something they could have done the simple way” Nick said.
“You came with a proposal, to sponsor everything I needed concerning weapons because your company understood our suffering and we needed to defend ourselves from the enemy. I refused to get free aid from you. Although you subsided the prices of the weapons I purchased, I never collected any free weapon from you. Now you want me to make a call that will kill millions of people and you tell me you understand our suffering.”
“Blab blab blab. I was not there when you made the deal. Turn the computer for them to see” Nick instructed someone.
“What the heck is this?” Faceless shouted.
“It’s very obvious Faceless. But in case you are confused this is your store room not far from here. You see all this your soldiers, they can see and hear you. One of them will die anytime you refuse my proposal.”
“Don’t do this Nick. You can’t kill your own people for a foreign company.”
“Point of correction. They are not my people. I’m a Nigerian. Are you ready to make that call and reveal your identity?”
There was no answer.
“Okay. Rick” Nick said.
He knew Rick. He had applied to join the Special Force but could not meet the criteria. He remembered him because Rick had left the army after that.
A gunshot and Faceless protest brought his attention back to what was going on at Biafran house.
*****************************************************************************
        Jason had been gone for some time now. She had tried sleeping but the pains and her disturbed mind would not let her sleep. The pain was not like before she took the drugs, but it was still there. She tried standing up to explore the house, to give herself a distraction but she felt dizzy. She slept back on the bed. She raised her left hand to study what Jason had worn her. It was a tiny black band with just a round button. Jason and George had always worn it, though she had not seen it on Jason since Wednesday. Memory of Ebuka clouded her mind almost suffocating her.
“Ebuka I’m sorry. I wish you rest in Pe…”
An unusual sound prevented her from completing her statement. There was a flat screen TV by her right. She quickly crawled towards it. She picked up the remote and pressed the power button. The screen was split into six. There was nothing suspicious on any of the six cameras but she could still hear the unusual sound. It was getting closer.
After some seconds, she could now see what was making the sound. It looked like a cylindrical plate with a transparent cover which was emitting light as it spun. She saw it in camera six. Although she did not know the outside of the house, she could tell it was still far away. It was beginning to attract people’s attention as some of them followed it from a distance. She was sure it was looking for her. But how? Jason had said to press the button on the black band if there was any suspicious activity. She was not willing to gamble if she was right or wrong.  She immediately pressed the button and watched as it blinked a red light three times.
******************************************************************************  
             “One gone, you have one minute to decide” Nick said.
He was already contacting Wild before Nick ended his warning.
‘Big problem. Where are you guys?’
‘Very close. But there is a little traffic. Burial.’
‘I’m going to connect you with Flight 10. Find a way to get to the location of Flight 10.’
‘Why?’
‘Biafran soldiers are being used as negotiation. Rick is among them.’
‘Okay, on it. Your plans?’
‘Still on point.’
‘See you later.’ Wild wrote.
Using his android watch, he connected Flight 10 to Wild’s android watch. Then using the map he had of that area, he sent Flight 10 to their storage location. From their investigations, the storage was not for weapons but foodstuffs. It was about five minutes’ drive from his current location.
         There was an alarm on his wrist watch. It was the alarm every Circle member got when one of them was under attack. They usually pressed the only button on their tiny black band. Any Circle member who was three hours distance could locate that person. He checked his wrist watch to find out who was in trouble. It was his hand band. It was Cindy. He quickly brought out his tool to find out what was going on. He could not believe he completely forgot about BlueAI’s weaponry locator. He had destroyed the one sent to locate him but they had more. This one was going directly to his house. There might be other houses with weapons but the pull to his own would be more.  For now only he and Wild could track Cindy because none of them still had their android phones that was hacked. They had destroyed it so the hacker could not make use of it. It was part of their training. He quickly mounted his XM25 riffle with laser bullets, connected the camera to his house camera but before he could shoot, he saw himself falling. He had been hit.