Part Twenty Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
         The scary device was now in camera three, it was getting closer. Any doubt about where it was going vanished as it approached camera two. Jason said he could protect her as long as she remained indoors, but what if she ran away? She stood up and struggled to the door but stopped herself from opening it. She remembered the last time she had left where Jason told her to stay and how she was almost bitten by a snake. She went back to the bed but did not lie down. She typed a message to Jason.
‘Jason there is something coming. Where are you?’
She waited for his response which never came. She took another look at the TV. Fear like she had never known gripped her. There was someone spotted by camera four. She knew him. He was with Nick when they killed Osamagbe. The device was now in camera one and it was very loud. The other cameras also had faces of people on black, they were carrying guns and they were not trying to hide it. Some sensible people started withdrawing while some still stayed behind to observe what was going on. There was another door which she quickly opened. It was empty with things normal. There were so many weapons that she quickly closed the door and went back to her bed. She checked her hand band to see if Jason had responded, but she saw an empty tiny screen.
She heard the sound of something hitting the wall as if it was trying to gain entrance. It was coming from the wall of the other room. She immediately knew how they were able to track her. The device could track weapons.
‘I should have ran out’ she thought.
She quickly moved to the door to confirm if it was locked. It was locked but the lock was looking strange.
She went back to the bed.  There were numerous gunshots. She looked at the TV to find out what was wrong but saw nothing. They had shot down the cameras.
  She tried to believe Jason was going to protect her, but that changed quickly. The door was being cut with that unusual instrument. She became terrified, her fear froze her on the bed. It did not take long before the door was opened and the man he had seen with Nick entered.
“Hmm Cynthia, nice to meet you again” he said smiling.
She was still frozen with fear and could not stand, she tried raising her hand to see if Jason had responded.
“It’s of no use. Your boyfriend is dead. He is not coming.”
Suddenly her body could move.
“No. You are lying.. he is coming and he is going to kill you if you touch me” she stammered shaking her head.
He did not say another word but moved closer, making her shrink into the bed.
********************************************************************
            The shooter knew he was wearing protective vest and had shot his left arm. It was not a miss but exactly where the shooter had targeted. He had been very discreet and there was nobody that would have discovered him except for Tiger. It was a clean wound. The bullet did not penetrate the bones but it tore his skin. He was bleeding fast. He removed the Bluetooth earpiece from his ears, then he brought out a bandage from his bag but did not have the luxury of tying it.
“Jason, I heard you’ve been giving Nick a tough time” he heard Tiger's voice from his back.
He ignored him and focused on his attempt to bandage his bleeding arm.
Tiger had always been the one to fish him out from hiding during training. He was an expert in being discreet during a mission. No wonder he had no idea Tiger was working with Nick. Even before Tiger saw his documents, he had known he had autism.
“Not too pronounced but it’s obvious you are autistic. You don’t look like them but you still give out the aura. I can pick your kind from a thousand yards, you just have one way of doing things and it bugs me” Tiger had said after a week of training to join the Circle.
He later got to know Tiger’s two siblings were autistic. No matter how discreet he had been during training, Tiger who was already a Circle member had always discovered him. He said he had a pull to him.  He knew that very well and he also knew there was no way he would be able to defeat Tiger in face to face combat. He had beaten him to pulp during combat training which was Wild and Tamed class. There was no way he would forget that Tiger had broken his left wrist and it took a month to recover, three months to fully recover. He had never understood Wild, Tamed and Tigers interest in breaking people’s hand. If it were possible they would destroy all weapons and go back to the olden days of face to face combat. He had known there was a possibility of meeting Tiger and he knew Tiger would prefer killing him with his bare hands, he was counting on it and his plan was working.
“Major Ahmed keeps fooling you people. You protect civilians who don’t deserve your protection. Do you know the money George and you could have made with your combined skills? Fools” Tiger said.
He was very close. He was through with the bandage. What was remaining was the tying of the last edge which required his mouth. Tiger did not allow him as he picked him up like he had no weight.
“Time up Jason. George is waiting for you. I hope you saw the bullet on his head. I put it there. Extend my greetings when you see him.”
So he was the one who gave George the killing shot.  He did not get angry, there was no need for anger because he was about to put George to rest.  He raised his right hand to hit Tiger but Tiger seized it. He raised his left hand which protested with pains. Tiger also seized his left wrist.  His hand touched exactly where he wanted him to.
Before coming out of his car, he had put on an insulating robber gloves, powerful enough to absolve up to a current of 200 mill-amperes and on it was their shocker. It was a device which when fully charged had currents of 15 mill amperes which was powerful enough to freeze a person and render the person immobile. Tiger could not see it because he had worn his normal long black glove to prevent the sensation that came with body contacts. Immediately Tiger held his wrist with the intent of breaking it, the shocker was ignited. He had watched those who thought they could kill him die with their face expressing shock but Tiger’s own was mixed with fear. He was very aware of his environment but he wouldn’t be able to do anything, at least for some seconds. As his body vibrated from the shock, he brought out George’s black from his pocket. He had planned on using a suppressor like Tiger but had immediately changed his mind after what Tiger said about George.  He cocked the gun and showed it to Tiger. He would know it belonged to George because ‘George’s Black’ was boldly written on the pistol. He shot Tiger exactly where he had shot George.
‘Fear is for the brave, cowards can never stare it in the eyes” he thought as Tiger’s body hit the ground. So much for not doing same thing over and over again. They were all the same. If not, Tiger wouldn't have tried breaking same wrist. The only difference was he knew his fear and prepared to face it but Tiger did not know his fear. That was the only reason he was dead.
             The sound of the gunshot would soon attract unwanted visitors and he needed to get to Cindy. Panic enveloped him immediately and within thirty seconds, he had tied his bleeding arm which had already soaked the bandage. He quickly gathered his gadgets back to his bag except his tool box and XM25. He checked Tiger’s pocket and saw his phone. Tiger had sent a message to Nick.
‘Jason has been exterminated.’ The message had been sent but there was only one symbol of good indicating it had not been received. The second good appeared as he held the phone. He dropped it back. He had wanted to send a message to Nick but Tiger had helped him. He wouldn’t have been able to write it like that. He quickly opened his tool box, he had to save Cindy. There was a big problem, the cameras where no longer active.  He checked his android watch and saw Cindy’s message. His tool box and his riffle was in his bag in less than five seconds.
He ran as fast as he could to his car. He ignored the pain he was feeling on his left arm. It was not the first time and he had experienced worse pain. In fact no pain could be compared to not getting to Cindy. But as he ignited the car and sped up to Main Market, he knew he was already too late. But that did not stop him. He had lived his life based on probability except when it came to Cindy and for the second time in one day, he was hoping against hope.