Mates

"Hey guys!" Amara said with that beautiful smile on her face as she approached Agustin and his friends. It was lunch again and they always had lunch together. Amara was happy as she loved the boys and her first-ever-friends. They boys loved to tease her and Agustin and loved how they didn't get punched in the face by Agustin because Amara was there. And that was how the last three months went since Amara joined school. 

It had been a week since Amara and Agustin went on a 'date' and even though the boys wanted to, they didn't talk about it again after seeing Agustin's outrage. Neither did Agustin, he was trying to prevent talking about it and was hoping they'd forget. Oh but his friends remembered it alright. And by the look of their faces Agustin knew very damn well that they were going to talk about it today and not let this go. That pissed Agustin off and he was thinking about breaking the deal he made with himself. 

That he would not hit his stupid friends in front of Amara and scare her off even more. 

"Hey Amara!" Peter exclaimed as Amara sat down beside Agustin, her usual seat on the round table. She landed the tray in her hand on the table and smiled once more at all of them acknowledging them with a nod at Peter. Agustin didn't like how Amara and Peter seemed to have a 'connection' but he knew that Peter was trying to do this to make him jealous so he didn't let himself get played. 

"So uh Amara, we were wondering..." John trailed off as he looked around at the others ignoring eye contact with Agustin with a dangerously playful gleam in his eyes, "Would you like to join us for pizza night today? We were meeting over at Agustin's home and thought we should invite you. After all you are now one of us." Peter finished John's words as he looked at Agustin with a smirk on his face. Agustin wanted to wipe that bloody smirk off and bash his head in the wall but he settled with a furious glare at him. 

"S..sure. Its not like I have something better to do anyways." Amara said looking at Agustin and his gaze visibly softened as he looked at her. He didn't like how she was always alone at home, he had noticed; and figured out that like him, her parents didn't stay at home with her much either. There wasn't supposed to be a 'pizza night' today. Hell, they never even had one of that before ever but Agustin didn't mind after all, since Amara was going to be with him. But then his face turned into a scowl when he realised that his friends are going to be there too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell were you stupid shits thinking?!" Agustin glared at them and he was very, very close on loosing it. Currently, his friends were sitting on the humungous couch in his house and Agustin was pacing in front of them. The scene was almost comical, as his friends had a sullen expression like a child was caught stealing candy and Agustin was well, the parent who caught the child. Only if they weren't actually doing this seriously. 

"But Agustin, we thought..." Henry started, but was cut off by Agustin "It does not matter. The closer she is to me, the closer she is to- well- the truth." He sighed audibly and sat on the couch massaging the bridge of his nose. 

"Isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't she know the truth of who you are Agustin? We know this and so do you that lying to her wouldn't make it better. We have been delaying this talk considering that you looked like you were going to kill us but this is it. Tell us now. She is your mate isn't she?" Jack said all at once. Jack was never a big talker, but whenever he spoke, he got straight to the point. And when Jack spoke, everyone listened. Everyone. 

Agustin was taken aback, but he knew what he said- each word of it was exactly correct and exactly true. Everyone looked at him as he calmed himself down taking deep breaths and standing up. "Ya ok, I am going to go pick Amara up." With that, Agustin picked up his keys from the bar counter and walked out of the door shutting it behind him. 

His friends sat there in silence for a while. "So, well I guess Agustin is considering telling Amara after all. That is an improvement." Joseph said as he stood up and looked around. "That's good right?" He spoke up again when no one answered him. "Ya!" Henry said with a big smile on his face. "Well, now we a motive to celebrate with pizza." Peter said as he stood up. "I'm gonna order now, they will be back soon" John added. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agustin drove his bike, on his way to pick Amara up for tonight. He thought about it once again. What Jack said was right and he sure as hell was going to tell her. Today. He decided. He will get it over with today. She is his soulmate after all right? How can she not accept what he is. 

He is going to take the chance today. But hell, he would be lying if he wasn't having an internal conflict. No matter what, he didn't want to loose her. He didn't want to let her go. Ever. 

Why? Why does she have to be human? Why does he have to have a mate? 

But now that he has found her, something that his kind rarely finds, he considers himself lucky.  She was a gift to him and he would sure as hell do anything to protect her and make her his.