Part 6

Hold me tightly

Don't let go

Please don't leave

I love you so

If you leave

I will cry

Forever in depression

Until I die

Hold me tightly

Stay with me

Together forever

Happy for eternity

Unwavering love

Not one beat to miss

The life we shall live

In peace and bliss

Together we are

Like the infinite stars

Eventually we burn

And burn for each other

"Seijuro, time to meet the girl. Her name is Kazuo Haruka, and her father is a business partner of mines." Akashi knew that the chances of the girl being (F/n) were low, but he couldn't help himself. He wished it was (F/n). He only had one more choice besides this Haruka girl, and it might not even be (F/n). Akashi felt frustrated; his true self mentally scowled.

"Okay, father." Akashi's other self was in control again. He was to obey his father and try to get out of this another way. He'd think of a way. Somehow.

"Hello, my name is Kazuo Haruka. Nice to meet you at last, Akashi-san. I've heard lots about you!" Haruka clasped her hands together in delight. She took note of Akashi's eyes, and she then realized...Akashi was not at all interested. But she ignored that fact, for now.

"Hello, Kazuo-san, it's nice to meet you too." Akashi's eyes held the same expression, but he forced himself to smile.

"Ah, drop the formalities and call me Haruka, please." She smiled at him. Akashi nodded, but kept silent.

After getting to know Haruka, Akashi realized she wasn't so bad. However, she wasn't as perfect as (F/n). "Akashi-san...I noticed something." Haruka looked kind of dissappointed. She asked, "You're already in love, aren't you?"

Akashi blinked. How did she read him so easily? "I can see it in your eyes. Right when you came here, I could tell you were uninterested. You forced yourself to smile. I know it sounds weird, but...I'm glad you didn't fall for me. You see...I fell in love with someone too, but..." Akashi felt a weight lift off of his shoulders, making him feel a bit better. Haruka continued, "I hope that you get to be with the girl you fell for, Akashi-san. At the same time though, I can't help but feel sad that you don't want to marry me. The girl you fell for...she is lucky. I hope she realizes that."

Akashi spoke, for the third time that night, "Thank you..." It may have been short, but the impact was big. It made Haruka happy to make someone feel happy. After that, it was silent.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Seijuro, what did you think about Haruka?" Akashi's father asked.

"I think she's fine, but I'd like to see the other girl you scheduled for next week as well, so I can make a proper decision." Akashi's face remained blank. Conceal, don't feel...those are the lyrics (F/n) was singing, right?

"That's my son. I trust you to make the right choice." Akashi nodded, then blinked. He felt tired. He hadn't gotten much sleep in the past few days.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Akashi saw (F/n) at school, and couldn't hold himself back anymore. He dragged (F/n) down a nearby empty hall and his true self took over for a bit.

"Seijuro-kun, what are you-" (F/n) was cut off by Akashi.

"I love you." That was all that he needed to say before he brought her in for a soft kiss. (F/n)'s eyes widened but she soon melted into the kiss. It was a gentle one, and he pulled away a few seconds later.

"Aka-- Seijuro-kun, why'd you...?"

"I love you and only you. I promise you, it'll work out. I will find a way to make this work." Just as quickly as his true self came out, it was dominated by his other self. Akashi felt his head throb, as his face turned blank again. His expression was stoic. "I'll see you later, (F/n). Hurry up to go to your class, okay?"

"Okay." (F/n) stood there, her mind confused.

She stood there, defenselessly, telling herself that it would work out. That Akashi would pull through for her. "Akashi will do his best for me...and I will too."

* * * To Be Continued. * * *