Girl three is still around...

Ash kept staring down at Misty's Superstar sneakers with cat stickers on them. His eyes were so fixed on Misty's feet that they were already out of sight but he was still staring down.

When he realized that he was staring at the ground, he sat straight. He gave his forehead a little slap. He didn't sleep well. Last night was the first time in years he's had to take a pill to sleep. Those pills were a bad habit from university days.

He scanned the surroundings for Misty. She was emptying her tray in the trash. This floor was the only food court in the whole building, so they were bound to meet at lunch break. She was talking to some girls from another department. Misty's been gone all morning for a reunion with interns and the administration, and Ash can't deny that he missed her company. 

"I was offered a position."

Ash turned abruptly toward the redhead. He sat straight. "Really?"

"Uhm." Misty nodded. She often worked at her desk standing up. "In the media production department."

"Oh. That's cool."

Misty nodded as she typed on her keyboard.

"Congrats. You really deserve it. You worked hard every day." Misty was staying, then. Was that a good thing? A bad thing? Did he care? Ash felt something crumble inside him, but at the same time, his heart was beating too fast than it usually does. 

"Thank you."

That's how their conversation ended for the day.

"Your place is great!"

"I guess."

Ash closed the door after he and Serena got inside. She was the one who called him to talk over some coffee and since he was feeling really bad about going home and being alone, he instantly accepted. Don't ask him how he got home with her. He wasn't sure. 

"It's clean for a guy's place," She told him and giggled.

"I try not to mess the place because I'm too lazy to clean."

"That's good too." Serena took a seat on the couch, not waiting for an invite. She looked at him as if she was telling him to come to sit beside her.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay." Ash took off his jacket. As expected, he took a seat right beside Serena, fulfilling her indirect request.

"I like being with you." Serena pulled closer.

"Same." She spoke about marriage on their first date but did he even have a choice anymore? This girl was his safest choice. She was pretty and sane at the same time. It's been a while since Ash has seen both of those qualities on a woman. He was getting desperate.

He let her slowly make him lay down on the couch and get on the top of him. Serena slid her red manicured hands under his hoodie. Ash pulled her closer with his arms, his mind wandering somewhere else...

Her long caramel hair fell, hiding their faces, as a belt fell off the couch.