... but there is someone else!

Ash Ketchum was tired of being single.

No, this time, he was tired; physically. Why, you'd ask? Because, now, not only Ash was single, but he was also in love, and that, my friends, sucked. The combination of the two was not good. It made him sigh often, take showers constantly, eat sweet foods all day, spend more time in front of the mirror, sniff his clean clothes before putting them on, and most of all; stare.

He's learned Misty's body by heart. He could even tell you how many freckles she had on her face and where exactly they were.

"Oh no, every time I remember that I have to start packing my desk, I feel bad." Misty frowned. She turned to look at Ash. "Can you help me?"

"Huh?" Ash snapped out of his daze. "What-what?"

"Can you help me pack my desk?"

"Now? Sure!"

Ash got off his chair and walked over to Misty's desk. He started collecting pens and notebooks and putting them in the box she had ready for the matter.

"Uh, not now, but..." Misty watched him work quickly. "Hey, Ash?"

"Hum?" Ash looked at her but quickly looked away. Eye contact with those eyes and those long eyelashes has become impossible now.

"I'll miss you." She pouted; her cheeks suddenly unnaturally pink. Thanks to his creepy stares, he's learned that Misty didn't wear blush.

Ash opened his mouth to say something, but... he didn't know what to say. This woman was making him ache. She had no idea how he felt. He did a long monologue in front of Anabel easily...

In front of Misty? He can't.

The times he's shut her down, ignored her, called her stupid (he did... it's a shame), not responded to her messages... while Ash was busy scrolling furiously down Gary's friends' list, all Misty did was care for him, ask him how he was doing, how he was feeling, if he was sick, or if he needed anything – she cheered him up with silly pictures of her cat and herself. No matter how badly he shut her down, Misty never took it personally. She was ALWAYS nice to him, no matter what. And that kindness...

He couldn't believe he's never noticed.

"Me too." He blushed.

"I mean, I'm only changing offices but..." Misty looked down. She touched her hair. 

"Can I ask you something?" He's an idiot. He was doing this – right here, right now. He was going to man up, act like his age, and- "Are you free next weekend?"

Misty blinked. Her mouth opened. She seemed like she was still proceeding.

"Would you like to have dinner with me?" Ash cleared his throat. "I mean – like, a date, not some colleagues stuff or ... you get the idea. Right?"

Realization seemed to finally hit Misty as her face features started showing signs of shock. Her mouth opened more, she put her hand over it and she let a small gasp.

"Look, I like you, Misty. I want to go on a date with you – please say yes. Don't shut me down. I know I was mean to you sometimes, heck maybe all the time – I would ignore you and stuff – but please, can you say yes?" He frowned. "Don't treat me the way I treated you... have a bigger heart..."

Misty's face was red by now. "Remember when you asked me if I was single?"

"Uhm, yeah?"

"I thought you wanted to ask me out..."

Instead, Ash called her stupid for having an opinion and told her she was going to root alone with her cat. He felt bad afterward, but the harm was done. How could he even be that mean?

"I'm sorry about that." Ash sighed. "I really don't think before I speak."

"But, what you just said – you thought about it, right?" She put her arms behind her. "Is it coming from the heart?"

"Straight from my heart..." Ash wasn't great with the cheesy stuff, but Misty seemed into it. "... to yours."

Yes, it worked. Misty looked happy. She let a giggle. "I'd love to go on a date with you! I've been waiting for this!"

That was the part when he hugs her, right? Ash leaned forward hesitantly, but Misty tackled him and wrapped her arms protectively around him. "Yes! I can't wait!"

Ash closed his eyes and hugged her. As seconds went by, he felt comfortable in this embrace, his shoulders and face felt less tense, and he slowly started to become conscious of... the feeling of her breasts squishing against him. When she giggled onto his chest, he felt a nice, sexy tickle. His smirk couldn't help but get smug.

Bye bye single life, FOREVER.