~Chapter 3~ The real training begins!

[Warning]

-Swears...

This incredibly fast old man gestured us to follow him...again. We left Nezuko in the house as she fell asleep, I knew she was gonna be asleep for a long time, so I hugged her and then left her there. We ran up the mountains, with Tanjiro beside me. We ran up until we were very tired, but it wasn't the end of the training...

"Descend the mountain and reach back home by daybreak."

I sighed.

'This is where we're supposed to avoid booby traps.'

"Tanjiro! Let's run together! Avoid the traps, there will be a lot of them along the way!"

Tanjiro nodded, he held my hand while running down the mountain together. I saw a string on the floor blending in with the snow.

"Tanjiro, jump!"

We both jumped over it but we fell in a hole.

"Ahh, Tanjiro, I'm sorry, I didn't see the hole."

"It's okay."

I crawled out from the hole and held Tanjiro's hand to pull him out from the hole as well.

"(Y/N), how did you see the string? I couldn't see it."

"Well, I always had great eyesight. There's this one time that I saw a needle on top of a grassy floor."

"Wow, you really do have great eyesight!"

"Tanjiro, let's work together, with your great sense of smell, and my eyesight, we will avoid the traps!"

Tanjiro nodded in agreement, I nodded back and held his hand once again and ran down the mountain. We did fall for the traps a few times but we avoided more traps than we expected. We finally reached back home as it was about to turn day. I was really tired and was ready to sleep.

"Both of you start training to become a demon slayer tomorrow!"

I sighed. I knew this training thing is gonna be really tiring, so I just went straight to sleep. I woke up the next morning and saw Tanjiro who was already awake.

"(Y/N), Urukodaki-san said you must wake up early from now on, we are gonna train everyday."

I stood up, Tanjiro got out of the room, and I changed my clothes, I then tied the jacket to my waist. I didn't want to get it dirty, but it's one of the memories I have of the world I'm supposed to be in, I wonder why I got here in the first place. I saw Urukodaki-san and he said to both of us.

"To join the Demon Slayer Corps, you must survive the Final Selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. Whether or not you both are eligible for Final Selection is up to me."

We are gonna be descending the mountain again today. We descended the mountain everyday as training. The traps definitely got harder and harder as time went on.

"Tanjiro! There's a hole in front of you!"

I was late.

'Oh, sh*t'

He almost fell into the hole full of spikes, but he spread his arms and legs keeping him from going into the hole.

'Yikes, that's scary...'

I pulled his hands up and he got back on his feet. We then continued our deadly training. We might really die from our training! We finished training again today, I saw Tanjiro writing a journal, I walked up to him.

"Tanjiro, what is the journal for?"

"I'm writing a journal for Nezuko when she wakes up. I'm really worried she may not wake up."