~Chapter 6~ Meeting Muzan

'Aww, but her kick missed the demon as it went back in, this sucks'

Nezuko ran after the demon when Tanjiro stopped her.

"Nezuko, come to us." Tanjiro and I said, weirdly in sync

Nezuko came running back as a demon appeared in front of her, she front flipped and dodged the demons attack.

'That's my girl!'

Tanjiro stood there thinking for a while before walking in front and a black swamp surrounded where he stood. Tanjiro jumped away as another demon appeared near Nezuko, me, Kazumi and the girl.  But it was nearest to Nezuko and she jumped away. Another black swamp thingy appeared and it stayed.

"(Y/N), Nezuko, I'm going underground. You two stay here and protect them, you can do that right?"

"But, Tanjiro, it's dangerous. Can I at least come with you?" I said even though I knew he was gonna be fine.

"(Y/N), Nezuko can't kill the demon, help her kill it."

"But Tanjiro-"

"It's okay, (Y/N), I know you're worried about me but I'm fine. You do trust me right?" I nodded as he stepped into the black swamp (Idk, I'll just call it that.)

"Take care, (Y/N), Nezuko."

He then went away into the swamp. I nodded to Nezuko and we watched each other's back. The demon came rushing in towards us a few times, but now's the chance! It's rushing in to attack again. 

"Seventh Form, Flashy Light!"

I started becoming as fast as lightning and sliced the demon's neck without a problem.

"W-what, h-how..."

The demon was fading away and I touched it's head and looked at it with a sorrowful smile on my face.

'Rest in peace...'

We then waited a while for Tanjiro to appear. Nezuko was just patting my head all the time, but she went to sleep after a while. Tanjiro suddenly jumped back out of the swamp.

"Wait, did you kill the demon?" Tanjiro asked

"Y-yeah, why?"

"Oh no, I forgot to ask the demons about Muzan." Tanjiro sighed.

I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"It's okay, Tanjiro. We will find other demons to ask about Muzan Kibutsuji, and sorry for killing it before you got the chance to ask."

Tanjiro smiled back and nodded. 

"For Nezuko..."

I heard him whisper.

"Yes, Tanjiro, for Nezuko, I will help you as well."

"E-eh? You heard that?"

"Yeah..."

"O-oh..."

"Tanjiro, Nezuko fell asleep."

I pointed towards Nezuko, and she had a scar on her forehead.

"Sorry I couldn't protect her from getting injured..."

"It's okay, (Y/N), it's not your fault."

'B-but it is, I knew what was gonna happen and yet, my little kitty got hurt...It's my fault..'

The next thing Tanjiro did was hug me.

"T-Tanjiro?"

"It's not your fault (Y/N), the smell of guilt is strong..."