~CHAPTER FOUR~

" Dadi! We are back 'with a bang'!", screamed an over enthusiastic Rudy, with Shivaay and Omkara walking closely behind him, shaking their heads. Rudra Singh Oberoi is a total drama company. Period. Well it wasn't entirely his fault, anyway. His brothers pampered him all the time. With both his parents, uncle and aunt busy with their respective work, it was only his Dadi, Bhaiyaa and O who looked after him. About his sister Priyanka, well, she was a cute little baby.

Priyanka Singh Oberoi

"Arey Khoteya! Why are you screaming? Dadi ko dil ka daura par jayega teri wajah se (dadi will have a heart attack because of you)!" walked in an old lady, dressed in a traditional salwar and jewellery. She was close to 70, but by the looks of it, she was absolutely fit and fine. Having a huge smile on her face, Kalyani Singh Oberoi looked every bit of a lady from a respected, aristocratic family.

Kalyani Singh Oberoi

"Offo Dadi! Khota nhi, pota! Aur voh bhi apka ( Grandson, not khota! And that too yours)!" spoke Rudy, dramatically slapping his forehead. That's when Dadi remembered, " Ek minute...you said that you guys are back with a bang....what actually happened? Billu, Om, what is it?" Billu was a nickname that Dadi had bestowed her eldest grandson with, courtesy his  unique blue eyes.

Sighing, Om recounted the incident at school. Hearing him, Dadi laughed and spoke, " Bring those two angels with you one day. I would really like to meet your friends, who stood up for you." Rudy was the happiest. Jumping around, he said, " Really Dadi? I will tell Ri and Anika Didi tomorrow that you have invited them. They also need time to inform their family, right?". Hearing him, Shivaay said, "Wow Ru! You are so intelligent!"
(A/N : Note the sarcasm, please 🤭)
To which Rudy did his famous *logic* sign. Om could only shake his head at the two brothers. He knew how much Rudy looked up to his Bhaiyaa, while on the other hand, Shivaay pampered, more like spoiled his little Ru as if he was his firstborn son.

Dadi watched the three boys and smiled to herself. She knew them really well. Shivaay was the strong, cold guy, who only warmed up to a very few people. Om was the intense and serious kind, but he did have a mature side to him. Rudy, on the other hand, was the spoilt kid. But of course, he was a softie at heart. But one thing was common between the three, they loved each other more than themselves.
"If you three are done with all the discussions, go freshen up quickly. I'm asking the servants to set the table. Dadi ko bhukha marwana hai kya( do you want Dadi to starve)?
Hearing her, the three quickly scrambled up to their respective rooms. As they sat down for lunch, Dadi spoke up, " Your parents are returning tomorrow. Except Janvi. Devyani Nani( Janvi's mother) isn't well."

Janvi Singh Oberoi was OmRu's mother, and Shivaay's Badimaa. She was the head of the Oberois' airline company. A really hardworking woman, she balanced her life well between being a CEO and a mother of three. Her husband Tej was a ruthless business shark. His younger brother, Shakti, the father of Shivaay, was a prominent figure in the corporate world, while his wife Pinky had a chain of NGOS all over the nation, named "Aastha".

Tej and Janvi Singh Oberoi Shakti and Pinky Singh Oberoi

Shakti and Pinky Singh Oberoi

(A/N: No negative track with senior Oberois.)

The four of them had to travel all over the nation most of the time. That's why, The kids got to spend most of their childhood with their Dadi. But they made sure to talk with their children and their Maa/Mummyji everyday through video chats. Kalyani had never made any difference between her sons and daughters-in-law. She let them grow in their respective fields. When she was of their age, she had to manage the Oberoi household on her own. They weren't even this rich and famous back then. Her husband had practically started everything from scratch. That's why, she had to devote her life to the house and her children. She very well knew how much it hurt when she realized that she couldn't fulfill her dreams ever.

Hearing Dadi, Rudy made a puppy face and said, " Please na dadi, tell mom to come back. I miss her sooooo much. You know, Ri said everyday her mumma makes her lunch for school. Isn't that so amazing? I wish even mom, or at least, Chhotimaa could make us lunch some day." Nodding his head, Shivaay seconded him and said, " Besides, we three (receiving a first class glare from Om, because he very well knows what Shivaay is about to say🤭).... I mean we two trouble you so much. You don't even get any time for yourself. Always either running around making the maids and servants work, or looking after us. Don't you ever get tired, Dadi?"

Dadi couldn't help but laugh. She said, " Arey puttar, I have brought up your dads singlehandedly. Your Dadu never had the time. Both of my Bahus were quite young when  they came to this house. I had to teach them many things about life after marriage. If I managed to bring all those four "grown up kids" of mine, of course I can manage you three as well. Aur Prinku toh itni-si hai( And Prinku is only this much)! Besides, who said you trouble me? Don't even dare to say anything bad about my grandchildren, okay? They are the best!" The three boys got up from their seats and hugged her, saying, " And our Dadi is even better than the best!" Exactly at that moment, one of the maids brought in an extremely cute little bundle of joy in her arms, and said, " Dadi ji, Prinku baby isn't sleeping. When we tried to make her sleep, she started crying."

Immediately, Dadi took the little doll in her arms and said, " You go, I'll make my poti sleep. " Having finished her lunch, Dadi got up from her seat and started walking around, rocking the little girl in her arms, muttering soft lullabies that she used to sing when her sons, and then her grandsons were of her age, with sometimes softly trying to cajole her by saying, "Arey mera bachha( Oh my child)!", while the three brothers looked on with huge smiles on their faces.

_________________________________________

Hey dear readers,

Thank you so much for your reads and precious votes on the previous chapter. As I had spoke about the super cyclone Amphan, kolkata and the surrounding regions suffered a lot. Imagine having no power supply for days, plus no water, that too in the midst of this lockdown. Huge trees could be seen lying in the roads, in the suburbs, towers for high tension lines were found buckled up. No network for days. There are still many areas where the power supply hasn't been restored.
2020 is going to be an unforgettable experience. Period.
Anyway, thanks again for all the support.
Please vote and comment on the story!

Take care, everyone!
Loads of love.
~Naira.