~CHAPTER SIX~

The annual program was scheduled to be held by the end of the session, with only 2 months to spare. All over the school, kids were seen gushing over the preparations for the big event and their performances. The whole event would be held for a week. Apart from group performances, on the final day of the program, the kids would perform in pairs.

Veer had already decided that he wanted to dance with Svetlana. By now, he had become a part of the Obros' friend circle. On the other hand, Sahil had told his sisters to perform with their closest friends, and hence, Anika had decided to dance with Shivaay. But, poor Gauri.....she was confused between Omkara and Rudra. On one hand, she wanted to dance with Om for no known reason, but on the other hand was her classmate and close friend. That's when Veer, who had by now become Gauri's V Bro, suggested that she should dance with the one who is of her age, because he felt that it would look great. Everyone agreed to that.

The practice sessions for the performances had already begun. Everyone was going to put their best leg forward. The Roy Choudhury sisters, Oberoi brothers as well as other kids in their gang were doing their best. Omkara had paired up with a girl named Bhavya, who was a year younger than him. She had blue eyes like that of Shivaay, and had dark black curly hair. She was actually Veer's first cousin, and was really good in studies and sports.

TWO WEEKS LATER....

One day, the brothers were playing with Prinku, when all of a sudden, Rudra fell down. He was running down the stairs while he slipped. The brothers rushed to him in no time. Immediately, the whole family had gathered, and Tej quickly called the family physician. While falling down, Rudy had bumped his head on the staircase, and his forehead had swelled up. He was crying constantly. Soon enough, the doctor arrived. He told Tej, " Don't worry, his head is fine. But he might have injured his ankle. So no jumping and running around for the next seven days, okay? I'm giving him an injection now. This will help in easing the pain."

As soon as he heard the word "injection" being mentioned, Rudy started crying, more like, wailing like an infant. He was born extremely scared of injections and cockroaches. So much so that, whenever he would get a bit too mischievous, his mother Janvi would scare him by saying that "I'll ask doctor uncle to give you an injection. Okay?" That would do the trick. Always.

He cried, "Bhaiyaa! O! Save me! I don't want that, please! It hurts! Dadi please tell uncle na! I am a good boy! I don't want to take that!" The brothers tried in vain to cajole him. Seeing their faces, Dadi said, " Ru, don't trouble your brothers. See, I will give you laddoos, if you get this injection like a good boy. Chalo, quickly tell me, do you want them or not?" Hearing her, Rudy started crying even more loudly. He was in a major dilemma. On one side, he was damn scared of that huge needle, and on the other hand, his favourite laddoos were at stake. What should he do!?

He had been crying when Om's phone rang. "Anika", the caller ID read. He picked up the phone just in time, making Anika and Gauri hear Rudy's cries. Immediately, Anika asked in a worried voice, "Arey Om! What happened to Rudra? Why is he crying?" Gauri chimed in, " Yeah what happened? Is he alright?" Hearing the concern in their voices, Om smiled and said, " Your dear Rudra fell down the stairs and hurt himself. Doctor uncle wants to give him an injection, but...." Gauri asked impatiently, " But what??" This time, Shivaay intervened, " But your friend is scared of injections. What to do?"

Gauri laughed and said, " Bade Bhaiyaa, can you please pass the phone to Rudy? I know what to do😏" Shivaay asked uncertainly, " Gauri, are you sure you can do something about it?" That's when he saw Om blinking at him reassuringly. So he did as he was told. When Rudy got the phone, sobbing, he cried, "Riiiii! Save me! I don't want that injection! It hurts a lot! I am...." Without letting him finish, Gauri spoke up, "Offo Ru! Leave all that! Listen to me first! You know Naina in our class? The one who sits in the middle row, she said...."

Gauri kept on blabbering about a bunch of interesting incidents to her friend. Meanwhile, Shivaay nudged the doctor to proceed. He quickly prepared the injection and gave it to Rudy, without him even realising. Well, he was so busy listening to his friend Ri and his Anika Didi's excited chattering about so many things, that he didn't even realise when the needle pricked him.

Soon enough, when he realized what happened,Rudra spoke happily, "Anika Didi! I got the injection! I didn't even feel any pain! Yaay!" Anika smiled and said, "Wow Rudra! You are so strong! See, you were feeling scared for nothing!" Gauri chimed in, "Exactly! Arey! You are dabangg Gauri's friend, how can you be scared of a small needle?" Because the phone was on speaker, everyone heard her. And they couldn't help but laugh at the little girl's words.

Shivaay then took his phone back and said, "Gauri, you are really dabangg. What we all couldn't do, you both did in a few minutes! Thank you so much! And thanks to you too, Anika." Om spoke up, "Yes Anika, thanks a lot. By the way, I knew Gauri could manage....see, I am a genius too! Thank you Gauri." The two sisters looked at each other, then smiled in response.

After they were done talking to the Obros, Gauri ran to her father to tell him about her new accomplishment. Just then, Sahil walked in. He looked at Gauri and said, "Oye Ani, ise kya ho gaya (What happened to her)?" Anika laughed and replied, "Nothing, Bhai. She just went to tell Papa how dabangg she is." The two siblings burst out laughing.

_________________________________________

Hey dear readers!

I'm so sorry for the late update! I had a writer's block, actually.....hehehe. I hope you will like this chapter. Please read, vote and comment on the story.

Also, please give a read to my other story, "~She Rules His Heart~".

Take care everyone,
Loads of love,
~Naira.