Chapter 4

"Soo... he's an alien with superpowers," Jeff sums up.

Dean sighs. "No. Sam is human."

Jeff's eyes squint. "Then how did he get the alien superpowers?"

"Because he helped the good aliens so the alien-entity thing that is the source of the powers decided to reward him." Dean rubs his forehead. "Were you listening at all? To anything? How his dad was abducted by the bad aliens and the new kid, his best and only friend, ended up being a good alien who was being hunted down by the bad ones...?" He stops, his friend's blank look telling him enough. "Ugh."

See, Jeff isn't the kind of person to care about backstories. He's more interested in things like, "What are his superpowers, anyway?"

Dean is silent for a moment, then reluctantly answers, "Telekinesis, and he can talk to electronics."

Jeff is confused. Jeff is very easily confused, you might have noticed. He also doesn't have a long attention span, which you have probably also noticed. "Talk?"

"Yeah, in his head. He tells them to do stuff and they do it."

Jeff grins. "So like, he could tell the TV to turn on and it would?"

Dean sighs. "Yes."

"That's so cool! Like you wouldn't even need a remote. I bet he can change the channels and stuff too. Imagine how much money that would save, not having to buy a remote when you loose the previous because you didn't even have a previous because you don't need one!" Jeff laughs, then his happiness fades as he remembers he's not the one with powers. 

Then his eyes light up again. "Wait! We were talking about people in the 'real world.' So, superpowers exist in the real world? And humans get them?! I CAN HAVE SUPERPOWERS!?!"

Jeff looks around himself and notices he seems to be higher up than normal. He looks at Dean excitedly. "Am I flying?"

Dean blinks, then answers with a sigh, "No, you're on your tiptoes."

Jeff looks down, and sinks back down, his excitement dropping as he does. "Oh."

Dean gives Jeff a sympathetic look and turns back to his computer. "I don't think Sam would be an option anyway; he's probably on some recon with his girlfriend... sorry."

"Then what do we do?" Jeff asks dejectedly.

Dean pauses thoughtfully, narrows his eyes, and smiles. "We handle it ourselves!"

Then the doorbell rings.

--Author's Note--

Don't think I used anyone's ideas in this chapter. Will next time. 

Who's at the door NOW?

Will Dean and Jeff be able to handle things on their own?

How do you think Jeff's mom is doing?

Is Bill having too much fun?

Until next time,
~Lily R. Conners