Chapter 1

It has been at least a few months after the war at the Pridelands with Zira, ever since Kiara's wisdom taught the Outsiders about what Simba never saw. Kiara and Kovu were the next king and queen in line for the throne, as Simba and Nala both had given the throne to them in the future.

Morning was arriving in the Pridelands as Zazu flew to Pride Rock for the morning report, Simba was out on Pride Rock stretching and smiled when he saw Zazu.

"Morning your majesty," Zazu began with his morning report. "I'm here for the morning report."

"What's the report today Zazu?" Simba asked as he shook his mane in the air.

"Well Simba, the Zebras and the Gazelles are finally sharing their land." Zazu sighed. "It was a riot yesterday when they were fighting over it."

"At least I was there to settle things," Simba replied as his mate Nala walked up to him and nugged him. "Hey Nala." He turned to see Nala hugging him.

"Morning Simba," Nala said to her mate. "The lionesses have gone hunting to bring back breakfast. Kiara and Vitani have gone with them, Kovu would like to speak to you when you have a minute."

"Ok Nala, tell Kovu to come up here." Simba suggested as Nala nodded and went back inside Pride Rock to get him.

"Kovu?" Nala called as the young future king rolled over from being on his back, only to be alerted that Nala had called him. "Simba says you can come outside to see him."

"Perfect, that'll be easier." Kovu replied as he walked outside to beside Simba on Pride Rock.

"You wanted to see me?" Simba asked Kovu, he was making sure that there was nothing wrong with his son in-law.

"Yes I did," Kovu replied. "And don't worry, nothing is wrong Simba so nothing to worry. It's about the Outlands, what is going to become of that land?"

"Oh that?" Simba asked as he glanced over at the Outlands in the distance, he then looked back at Kovu. "It's going to be a long time before it becomes part of the Pridelands, that is because there's little to no life there."

"Ever since Kiara convinced the Outsiders to side with us, things have been going good." Kovu replied as Timon and Pumbaa showed up.

"Hey guys," Simba greeted his childhood friends. "Whatcha doing?"

"We've collected some grubs." Timon replied as he munched on a worm, Kovu was grossed out by the fact that Timon and Pumbaa eat bugs.

"Ewww!" Kovu said in disgust. "You two eat bugs?"

"Yep we do." Timon replied as he fed a worm to Pumbaa.

"You should give it a shot, Kovu, it wouldn't hurt to try." Pumbaa added.

"It's good to try new things Kovu, I didn't like them myself as a cub until I tried it." Simba reassured Kovu, the young prince took a beetle and started at it.

"Has Kiara liked bugs?" Kovu asked.

"Not really, it's fine if you don't like it." Simba replied as Kovu put the beetle in his mouth and began to chew, he did have a sour look on his face. But he enjoyed it, Kovu swallowed the beetle and realized what new food he was missing out on.

"Hey, it doesn't taste so bad." Kovu said in amazement.

Just then, Kiara and Vitani along with some of the lionesses showed up from their hunt. They had brought back a zebra carcass for everyone to chow down on, Simba was delighted to eat his breakfast.

"Vitani and I brought this zebra down to the ground." Kiara said to her father, she and Vitani were both proud of themselves.

"Impressive Kiara, one day when you and Vitani will be excellent hunters." Simba replied.