Chapter 6

Simba and Zazu were on their way to the gorge, he saw Timon and Pumbaa along with the cubs. They were running up to safety, Belle however slipped and fell down to the gorge. Simba sees what was gonna happen, and he didn't want anything bad to happen to his granddaughter.

"Timon, Pumbaa. You both take Zuberi and Johari home, I'll be there with Belle." Simba ordered as he ran down the gorge to save Belle.

"No, please..." Belle whispered in fear as the hunters got a cage for Belle, just as Belle thought she was done for. Simba jumped in front of his granddaughter and roared at the hunter, he had his protective mode on.

One of the hunters ran away with the cage, while the other one grabbed his hunting rifle and shot Simba. Belle looked in horror to see that Simba was shot in the shoulder, he groaned in pain as the hunter looked up from the gorge. He saw Nala, Kiara, Kovu and Vitani were all there.

Seeing that he couldn't take out all the lions at once, the hunter took his gun and ran off in the distance. Belle looked to see Simba who fell on his side, he was dying from his injuries and exhaustion. Belle walked up to her grandfather, hoping that he'll be ok.

"Grandpa?" Belle asked, "Are you ok?" Belle had tears running down her face. Simba's family rushed down the gorge as well as his friends. "Grandpa, get up." Belle pleaded as Simba tried to get up, but due to the fact that he was shot. He collapsed.

"I can't get up." Simba groaned.

"Simba, you can fight this, just get up." Nala pleaded, but Simba was too old and he was injured as well.

"Daddy, no..." Kiara began to have tears in her eyes. "Don't do this please."

"Simba, we need you." Kovu added as Simba looked up at his family, and his friends.

"I'm afraid my time has come, I need you all to carry on the circle of life." Simba said weakly. "Kovu, I want you to take over the throne as king...And Kiara, please take your mother's place as queen..." Simba added.

"We will daddy, we'll do it for you." Kiara sobbed.

"Simba, please don't do this..." Nala cried as tears started to roll down her face. "I can't lose you, not like when Scar was ruling."

"I'm afraid not Nala, things don't always end in a happy ending." Simba replied to his mate.

"Grandpa, why?" Belle asked in tears as Simba looked at his granddaughter.

"Belle, I need you to stay strong. Not only for your family, but for me as well." Simba replied in a raspy voice.

"I'll miss you grandpa, and so will your friends and family." Belle sobbed.

"Come on Simba, just fight it." Timon courged Simba. "You can't leave us."

"Yeah, you just can't." Pumba added.

"I'm sorry guys, but it's ending like this..." Simba coughed. "Just do me a favor, look after Belle...I know she'll be...Queen someday, and Kovu will take over the throne...I love you all, look for me in the sky..." Simba replied while taking his last breath, he closed his eyes and passed away.

Nala along with her family and friends all began to cry, losing an old king who once ruled the Pridelands was heartbreaking. They lost a friend, a father, grandfather, a mate and a king. Kovu decided to arrange a funeral for Simba to pay respects to him, they all returned to Pride Rock to gather around for a funeral.

All the lionesses along with the cubs, Zazu, Rafiki, the Lion Guard, Timon and Pumbaa. Kovu gathered them around Pride Rock at night, he got everyone's attention for the funeral of Simba.