Chapter 2

Back at Pride Rock, Simba arrived home to see Nala and Kiara watching all of Pridelands. Simba climbed up to join his family, he did notice that Kovu and Vitani were nowhere to be seen.

"Where did Kovu and Vitani go?" Simba asked Kiara and Nala.

"Kovu said he went to go on patrol, and Vitani left to go find him." Kiara replied. "She said that she was sensing something is not right."

"I just have a feeling Vitani is in denial, but I'm not sure what's up with her." Nala added.

"Hmmm..." Simba thought as he was wondering why Vitani had been acting strange. "She's been acting strange just the other day, I tried to ask her. But, she said that she senses danger coming to us and..." But before Simba could finish, Vitani and Kovu rushed back to Pride Rock. The two lions were out of breath, this confuses Simba along with Nala and Kiara.

"Kovu, what happened?" Kiara asked.

"You ok Vitani?" Simba asked as well. "What happened?"

"You're...Not gonna believe...What me and Kovu saw..." Vitani replied with a raspy voice as she and Kovu were trying to catch their breath.

"What is it you two?" Simba asked.

"Me and Vitani, we both saw Zira's sister; Scarlet." Kovu replied.

"Scarlet?" Simba asked in confusion. "What do you mean she's Zira's sister?"

"Scarlet told us that she ran away when Zira fell to the river," Vitani began as her breathing began to slow down. "She didn't want to join us because she still supports Zira and Scar, and now she's planning on trying to take over Pride Rock herself."

"What?" Nala was shocked.

"She can't do that, she must be outnumbered." Kiara added.

"She had no Pride, well except the Outsiders who are now on our side." Kovu replied.

"We're gonna have to stand our ground, we can't have her come anywhere near Pride Rock." Simba explained as he paces around, thinking of what to do next.

"What is the plan father?" Kiara asked her dad.

"We'll have to have some of us go on patrol, dusk and dawn." Simba announced. "Whoever this Scarlet is, she is not welcome to Pride Rock."

"If she shows up here, we're not going to be friendly about it." Nala agreed, she along with Simba instructed the other lionesses about the situation.

The next day went by and nothing bad happened so far, Zazu was flying around the Outlands. He spotted Scarlet curled up in a ball, she was sleeping when she stretched out while waking up.

Scarlet looked around to see Zazu in the air, luckily she didn't notice that she was being watched. As Zazu notices Scarlet waking up and wandering around the Outlands, Zazu returns to Pride Rock to update Simba and his family about where Scarlet is.

Meanwhile back at Pride Rock, Simba along with Nala were outside on Pride Rock. They spotted Zazu flying in the air, as soon as he landed on Pride Rock. Simba wanted to know from Zazu on where Scarlet is, so they have an idea on where Scarlet is.

"Zazu, where is Scarlet?" Simba asked.

"Well your majesty, Scarlet is in the Outlands." Zazu explained.

"Has she done anything there as far as you know?" Simba asked.

"Of course not yet, although she might try anything to get to Pride Rock." Zazu replied.

"Simba, is there any updates on Scarlet?" Kovu asked his father in-law.

"So far she's in the Outlands, we'll still have to keep our guard up tho." Simba explained as a reply. "No one goes alone while hunting or patrolling for now on."