Chapter 8

"How isn't she doing well?" Belle asked in confusion.

"Well..." Kiara looked down for a moment before looking at her daughter. "Your grandmother is getting old for one, and second, she's slowly declining her health." Belle was stunned by what her mother said.

"Why mother? Why is this happening?" Belle asked.

"I don't know sweetie, we all get old in life. And grandma's not as young as she used to be, it's part of the circle of life." Kiara replied.

Meanwhile at Pride Rock, Belle along with Zuberi walked inside their home to see Rafiki tending to the old lioness. Nala looked at her granddaughter with Zuberi, the two lions walked towards Nala and sat down in front of her.

"Hey grandma." Belle said to Nala.

"Hey Belle, I'll be fine as soon as I'm no longer in pain." Nala replied to Belle, only trying not to tell her that she was dying. But since Kiara told her about Nala not doing good, she knew that Nala was dying.

"I hope you'll be ok." Belle nuggled Nala as she slowly stood up, although she was off balanced.

"Belle, may I see you along with Zuberi outside?" Rafiki asked.

"Of course, give us a few minutes please?" Belle requested as she saw how weak Nala was getting, she was starting to have wrinkles shown on her face. Nala was going to pass on anytime, which means that she'll be with Simba in heaven.

"Your grandfather would've been so proud of you right now." Nala said with a smile on her face.

"I remember playing around in the Pridelands grandma, with grandpa as well." Belle replied as she looked down at Nala when she laid down from being off balanced.

"Those were wonderful memories Belle, I can just see you and Zuberi as future king and queen." Nala rolled onto her side while she looked up at Zuberi and Belle.

"We'll be back in a few minutes." Zuberi said as he and Belle both walked out of Pride Rock to see Kovu and Kiara with Rafiki.

"I'm afraid Nala isn't gonna last any longer, she's slowly dying." Rafiki sadly said to the Pride. Kiara began to cry as Kovu comforted his mate, Belle began to have tears rolling down her face.

"No...Why does this have to happen?" Belle sobbed.

"It's the circle of life honey, we get old and slowly die." Kovu replied.

"Now, you can all spend your last moments with her." Rafiki said as Kovu along with Kiara and the rest of the Pride all gathered around Nala, she wasn't doing well.

"You can't die." Belle said to her grandmother.

"Belle, we're born and we live, and when our time comes we die." Nala began weakly to Belle. "It's part of the circle of life, we don't all live forever you know."

"Grandpa wouldn't want this if he was here." Belle sobbed as Zuberi sadly patted Belle's back.

"Belle, I know it's tough right now. You need to be strong for your parents..." Nala replied weakly.

"I'm gonna miss you, mother." Kiara said to her mother.

"I'll be with Simba soon, I'll watch over you all." Nala said to Kiara as her breaths became slow and weak.

"I'll look out for my parents grandma, for you and grandpa." Belle told Nala as the weak lioness looked up at her granddaughter.

"I know you will Belle, and I'll always live in all of your hearts." Nala replied as she took her last breath. "Take care of them, Belle..." Nala closed her eyes as she died in front of her family, Rafiki looked to see that Nala had died.