Chapter 3

A couple of days went by and Scarlet was wandering in the Outlands, she was pacing back and forth while trying to think of a plan. She did want to kill Simba and Kiara, but was trying to figure out how to do it.

'What can I do? Zira's plan didn't work, and Scar's worked only for Mufasa." Scarlet growled while pacing. "I want to take back that was mine, I really do." Scarlet then wandered into the Pridelands from the Outlands, she then saw a crocodile infested water. This then gave Scarlet an idea, she had the most evil plan ever made.

"I got it! I'll lure Simba to the crocodile infested waters, and they'll eat Simba." Scarlet said evilly as she cackled a laugh. "I'll use a zebra foal for bait, or I'll use the Lion Guard. That's it, if I can't find a zebra foal, I'll use the Lion Guard instead." Scarlet ran off into the Pridelands to fetch a zebra foal, mainly to use it for bait.

Kiara walked around the Pridelands, looking for Rafiki's tree as she was with Kovu. Kiara had been feeling early signs of pregnancy, which Kovu thinks is possible. "I hope it's pregnancy Kovu, I just hope it's the case." Kiara replied as she tried to climb up Rafiki's tree, however Rafiki came down to see the two lions.

"Kovu! Kiara!" Rafiki welcomed the two lions, he climbed down from his tree as Kiara backed down. "So nice to see you all, what brings you here today?" Rafiki then asked the princess and the young prince.

"We're here because we need you to confirm something." Kiara began, "I might be pregnant, and me and Kovu want you to confirm if it's pregnancy." Rafiki then looked at the lioness, he was confused.

"Ah, I see. What makes you think you're pregnant?" Rafiki asked.

"Kiara and I wanted to have cubs of our own, it has been a couple of days since we did..." Kovu paused, not wanting to go into detail. "I think you get the idea."

"I see, what symptoms have you been having Kiara?" Rafiki asked.

"I've been eating as much as I normally would, and have been feeling cranky." Kiara began to explain. "I've been feeling a bit strange."

"Hmmm, that sounds like pregnancy to me. It looks like you're pregnant, how long have you been acting strange?" Rafiki asked.

"Well at least 13 days ago." Kiara replied. "My teats have been getting big and pink as well."

"Well Kiara, congratulations, you're pregnant." Rafiki said cheerfully.

"Pregnant?" Kovu asked in amazement, the wise mandrill nodded. "Wow!" Kovu began to jump up and down in excitement, he and Kiara were both going to be parents. "How long are lions pregnant for?"

"Lions are pregnant for 110 days, so Kiara will need to be away from danger at all costs." Rafiki told Kovu.

"I see, with Scarlet around, that means I'll have to keep a close eye on her." Kovu replied.

"Simba told me about Scarlet, she did try to climb my tree the other day. But luckily Simba, Vitani and Nala chased her off back to the Outlands." Rafiki informed him.

"Man, she better stay away from us." Kovu began, 'Especially on my watch, she isn't getting any closer to Kiara." Kovu's eyes were in rage.

"Kovu, it's best if we just don't get angry now." Kiara assured him, Kovu sighed and realized what his mate said.

"You're right Kiara, let's go home and tell everyone the exciting news." Kovu said as he and Kiara both ran back to Pride Rock.

Meanwhile back at Pride Rock, Simba was watching over the Pridelands for Scarlet. Mainly because he wanted to keep his pride safe from danger, Nala walked up to Simba from the cave of Pride Rock. "Simba, Kiara and Kovu will be fine." Nala assured him, Simba was worried about his daughter and son-in-law out in the Pridelands, who knew what could happen to them.