Chapter 1

Marinette droopily shoved a spoonful of yogurt into her mouth as she stared at pictures of her crush, Adrien Agreste, that were saved onto a super confidential file on her computer to hide from her parents in case they decided to snoop around. She hadn't yet gotten dressed for school, she was just having a 'quick' morning breakfast as she daydreamed about a particular blond boy.

"He's so handsome." she mused out as a stupid lovesick grin wiped onto her face as she tilted her head slightly, "As handsome as a prince."

"Seriously, Marinette?" Tikki mentally facepalmed as she zipped over to her owner and sat herself down on the desk surface before her, "You're going to be late for school. I know you don't like Mondays, but you better hurry up."

"My prince," Marinette uttered hopelessly as she placed a soft and tender kiss on her computer screen, inhaling sharply as she forced her hand to click the exit button on her computer mouse. Ah, how the bluenette thought her enormous crush on the model would become better-controlled over the months, but no, it only seemed to get worse as she began to become desperate.

She sometimes wished she would have those happy and magical endings like in fairytales where the prince and the princess live happily ever after without any problems, but no, life just wasn't the same as fairytales, life was much more complicated than that. You couldn't just have a happy ending without suffering, Marinette used to believe in happily ever afters, but seeing her hopeless love towards her crush spark no interest to him made her forget why she ever did.

If only the world was as simple as it should have been, things would have been so much easier. Love would have been much easier.

As the bluenette acknowledged that she was yet again lost in thought that day, she forced her brain to stop processing the hopeless thoughts and shove them at the back of her mind for midnight patrols and began to make her way to her closet miserably, practically dragging herself on the way there.

Marinette absolutely hated Mondays, they were her worst nightmare, since usually, everything was due that day, also on the account that it was the first day of the school week. School was pretty easy for her since she was a fairly good student and listened almost all of the time when she wasn't busy staring and outlining every strand of Adrien's hair. Everything seemed to revolve around Adrien those days, her secret duty as Ladybug also being greatly affected by her crush on the teenage boy.

What was she even trying for? Trying to get rejected? Was she trying to get her heart broken? Trying to make a total fool of herself?

Marinette was a girl who used to believe in happily ever afters. She was the type of girl who used to be naïve. Marinette was the type of girl who had fallen into an endless pit of Adrien's faces surrounding her, and there wasn't one thing in the world that could make her fall out of it.

Adrien was practically tugging at his hair as Plagg silently watched his owner have a mini breakdown.

"I can't do this!" the blond wailed as he threw his hands up in the air, only to bring them back down at his sides, "I can't possibly be having a photoshoot with Ladybug! I'm going to probably slip up and admit that I like her if I get too close to blushing."

"Correction, you will slip up and make a fool of yourself anyway." the black creature cackled maniacally, only to be silenced by his holder's death glare, returning to his cheese stash to find a good piece of Camembert.

"Why did my father agree to this?" the teenage boy combed his hair back as he grabbed the phone out of his pocket, only to be receiving millions of messages, emails and updates on his schedule. He groaned before shutting it off again and slipped it back into the pocket of his jeans.