Chapter 5

Ladybug pushed through a ventilator and climbed out into a hallway, gently placing the exit blockage back into place. She hurriedly ran down the hall, racking her brain to remember the storage closet. There were millions so alike, it could practically be any room.

She wanted Adrien to not feel scared, she wanted him to be happy and wear that beautiful smile of his. She promised him that she would open the door, so therefore she had to find the right room.

Come on, Marinette. She pressed herself to move forward, Put everything aside. Adrien needs your help.

Millions of the same brown doors were all displayed for her in one hallway. She had to take her chance. She had to figure out which one it was. But then she remembered the reception desk. It was the one closest to the reception desk.

Hurry. The word screamed in her head as she took off in the direction of the front desk, Hurry.

Ladybug...

She turned around, yet no one was there. She swore she heard her name, she was so sure she heard it call.

Ladybug and Adrien... dating?

"What?!" the heroine jumped again, but this time only a group of girls were passing by, looking at her weirdly before walking out of the TV station.

No. She couldn't get the previous events out from her head no matter how hard she tried. It was an impossible task, to forget the declaration the public made about her relationship with Adrien. But all this time, she was the one he was looking at?

Marinette!

She zipped her head around, yet nothing to no avail. There was no one around. It was just that voice at the back of her head. The voice that slowed down her route.

"No." she finally concluded, shaking all thoughts from her head and returned to running. Her eyes lit up as she found her destination, quickly fiddling the key in the lock and triumphantly opened it.

As expected, Adrien stood there, his face regaining its former colour as he dashed out of the closet, panting heavily from the previous suffering alone he had been doing. "You came..." he managed to sputter out, his eyes glistening in joy as he stood up, looking down at Ladybug, "You actually came."

Marinette's eyes saddened, "Of course I came. I would never leave you, Adrien."

His eyes widened, "R-Really?"

"Really." she concluded, a hopeful smile planting on her lips, "Now, I don't think it is the best idea to go back there..."

"My father will kill me..." the model cut in, a faint blush tainted on his cheeks as he struggled to meet her gaze, "I-I didn't mean to-"

But before he could finish his sentence, Ladybug swooped him up, grabbing her yo-yo and zipped out of the tower and into the streets of Paris.

Adrien was quite amazed by the view. Even if he saw the same view every single time he was roaming the streets of Paris as his feline counterpart, he never really fully took in the beauty of his city. It was amazing, being in the arms of a superhero while she zipped across Paris.

To Adrien, it felt like a lifetime, but the clock told him otherwise as the bluenette came close to his mansion. She zipped through the always-open window, dropping Adrien down on his bedroom floor.

"Thanks, LB." he smiled, nervously scratching the nape of his neck.

"Don't sweat it. Anyway, you were saying-?"

"Oh..." the blond cleared his throat, nervously chuckling as he met her eyes, "I- I didn't mean to say that, I was confused and-"

Marinette smiled, placing her hand on his shoulder, "Hey, don't worry about it, I love you too."